Rest frame through a force field possible (time dilation) ?

In summary, the conversation discusses the concept of time dilation and the possibility that every rest frame is going through a force field, which explains the constant speed of light and frame invariance. The force field is believed to be the Higgs field, but it may have difficulty explaining empty space. The conversation also mentions the Lorentz ether theory, which is an old interpretation of the Lorentz transforms used in special relativity. Finally, the conversation touches on the differences between LET and Einstein's theory of relativity.
digi99
Would it be possible that every rest frame is going through a force field so everything will be smaller on atom level and time goes slower too (Lorentz, Einstein) ?

So that force field is the holder of the encapsulated ration distance / time (C) ...

That would explain the unknown time dilation, and always constant speed of light and frame invariant. You will experience all in your rest frame let's say your own dimension (a dimension for every speed) ...

Physics news on Phys.org
I think that is essentially the basis of LET. The only problem is that the "force field" is undetectable.

DaleSpam said:
I think that is essentially the basis of LET. The only problem is that the "force field" is undetectable.

Hi Dalespam,

So I am now totally convinced of time dilation :redface: after a long time. In my removed topic (where I at last made an error not to consider the fact the light speed is always constant, also for every passing light wave from another frame) it looked I got no time dilation by only considering the smaller going size. But that kind of mistakes (very easily) gives you a deeper understanding.

I can fully understand that this forum want not to see own theories (I found already other forums where this is allowed, only to give ideas to others who has not already that kind of ideas, but I think many have already) because it confuses students. Without it is already difficult enough.

I tried to find on the internet LET, but I don't know this project or do you mean the Higgs project in CERN ?

That force field could be the Higgs field maybe, we shall see.

But empty space will be a problem to explain it only with a force field (that force in the force field can maybe give the reason for time dilation).

Is Lorentz also valid for transformations of empty space, so no materials ? If things wil be smaller on atom level (and must because of Lorentz, it is not an illusion show) what could be the reason they think today (but not proved) empty space will be smaller too ?

digi99 said:
I tried to find on the internet LET, but I don't know this project or do you mean the Higgs project in CERN ?
This has nothing to do with CERN or the Higgs. It is an old, essentially abandoned, interpretation of the Lorentz transforms used by special relativity:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_ether_theory

DaleSpam said:
This has nothing to do with CERN or the Higgs. It is an old, essentially abandoned, interpretation of the Lorentz transforms used by special relativity:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lorentz_ether_theory

Pfff ... I had a discussion about this topic 6 months ago already and students told me always that light waves were going shorter in the moving direction (when the frame speed was higher) so the waves were always the same in counting. Maybe this is true because it is in the moving direction, so things will only be smaller in the moving direction. But I understand now, that materials can go shorter but you have to see this in another way and not on atom level (logic because it's only the length). But I had always thought all things will be smaller, but that is only in the moving direction. But my own mistake I had first to read the books all and I did never (only articles about this on the internet).

I should find it more logically that everything will be smaller in all dimensions, but ok in the moving direction (one dimension). I go to change this in my blog etc. and let it all rest for a while .. and first to read my books for a while ...

Thanks DaveSpam for the correction, I corrected already all, damage was not so badly ...

Last edited:
DaleSpam said:

Do I understand well that LET is based on different positions, so relativity in position but duration is everywhere the same, and Einstein's relativity is based on different durations and positions as well ?

LET is based on the idea that light is a disturbance in some medium, called the aether, which has a unique rest frame, but that this medium and its rest frame are undetectable. IMO, it turns science into a ghost story.

1. What is a rest frame through a force field?

A rest frame through a force field is a reference frame in which an object is at rest while experiencing a force field, such as gravity or electromagnetism. This means that the object is not accelerating and is at a constant velocity.

2. How is time dilation related to a rest frame through a force field?

Time dilation is a phenomenon that occurs when an object is moving at high speeds or experiencing a strong force field. In a rest frame through a force field, time dilation can occur due to the difference in gravitational potential between the object and the reference frame, causing time to pass at a slower rate for the object.

3. Is it possible to observe time dilation in a rest frame through a force field?

Yes, it is possible to observe time dilation in a rest frame through a force field. This can be done through experiments or measurements of clocks placed in different gravitational potentials, or through observations of astronomical objects, such as stars orbiting black holes.

4. How does the strength of the force field affect time dilation in a rest frame?

The strength of the force field directly affects the amount of time dilation in a rest frame. The stronger the force field, the greater the difference in gravitational potential and the slower time will pass for the object in the rest frame.

5. Can time dilation in a rest frame through a force field be reversed?

No, time dilation in a rest frame through a force field cannot be reversed. The difference in gravitational potential between the object and the reference frame will always cause time to pass at a slower rate for the object in the rest frame. However, the amount of time dilation can be reduced by decreasing the strength of the force field.