H- bridge selection problems

by EagleOnePro
Tags: bridge, h bridge, selection
EagleOnePro
Dec9-13, 01:10 PM
P: 9
Hi, I am in the market for an H-bridge IC to power 12V 3.6A through. This is the circuit.
http://fritzing.org/projects/drive-m...l293d-sn754410
Do you know where I could get an H-bridge like the one in the diagram? so I can power a bigger load and use 12V 3.6A. I seriously Googled this like a mad man and I'd like your input.
Even If you tell me to scrap the idea and try a beater method. Thanks
Phys.Org News Partner Engineering news on Phys.org
PsiKick's batteryless sensors poised for coming 'Internet of things'
Researcher launches successful tech start-up to help the blind
Researchers propose network-based evaluation tool to assess relief operations feasibility
Windadct
Dec9-13, 02:34 PM
P: 532
Other than a high power motor shield - try L6203 - be sure to use a heatsink. The chip in your example is an H bridge with driver - as you move up in power the MOSFET and Drivers may become seperate - but there should be others similar to the L6203 in this power level.
http://www.st.com/web/catalog/sense_...2/CL851/SC1790

Also Sparkfun has some forum posts on similar items - L298N for example.
Okefenokee
Dec9-13, 11:15 PM
P: 186
Try the motor drivers offered by Digikey. You can narrow it down with the filters. I found one that can do what you want but it comes in a ZIP package. That's a 1.27 mm picth which will be hard to get into a breadboard because you'll have to twist the pins a little. There are many more options but I couldn't find a DIP package that is in stock.

Register to reply