Where Can I Find Interactive Online Resources for Learning Math for My GED?

In summary, the person is self-studying math for their GED and is looking for online resources to help with specific topics such as analytic geometry, optimization problems, algebra, etc. They have looked at Khan Academy and other websites but are not sure if they are helpful. They are also open to suggestions for improving their self-studies. A few resources are mentioned, such as Purple Math and Paul's Online Math Notes, and the importance of taking charge of one's education is emphasized.
Elpinetos
Hi guys, I am currently self-studying math for my GED (Matura in Austria), and I kinda need to step up my game by a lot.
I do not attend any courses, nor do I plan to do so.
I've been trying to learn from the school textbooks, but since they do not provide answers, nor approach hints or tips, it's not really good for learning, just for a general overview of stuff.

The general big topics are:

Analytic geometry
Optimization problems
Algebra
Discussion of functions
Nonlinear Algebra
Sequences, limits, etc.
Trigonometry
Probability and Statistics

So I'm looking for any webpages, hopefully interactive, where I can learn all those things step-by-step
I am pretty good at math, and have a good grasp of it, but it's been years since the last time I did those things, and some, like integral functions, I've never even tried

I've looked at Khan-Academy, and it seems pretty helpful, but a bit all over the place and I'm not sure if it's that good.

Do you have any helpful resources or any ideas how I could improve my self-studies?

Thank you in advance :)

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Nearly a month and no reply yet? :(

I don't know of any interactive webpages personally: www.purplemath.com is pretty good for reviewing the concepts you will learn in the book's you have.

Google pointed me to this: http://teachers.henrico.k12.va.us/math/hcpsalgebra2/1-1.htm you might try that as well, I've only breifly looked into the website though.

Google is your friend here.

Paul's Online Math Notes can serve as a good introduction to Algebra and elementary calculus topics, like limits and optimization:

http://tutorial.math.lamar.edu/

Associated with the notes are several pages of practice problems to reinforce the material.

Using your topic list, I'm sure a web search will turn up many pages similar to the Math Notes.

You pointed out that it has been some time since your initial request. The net is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you really want to get your GED, don't just sit back; take charge of your education. If the textbooks you have don't provide answers to problems, find some others. Go to a library. There are many opportunities available to continue your education, but sometimes it takes extra effort to take advantage of these.

SteamKing said:
You pointed out that it has been some time since your initial request. The net is available 24 hours a day, seven days a week. If you really want to get your GED, don't just sit back; take charge of your education. If the textbooks you have don't provide answers to problems, find some others. Go to a library. There are many opportunities available to continue your education, but sometimes it takes extra effort to take advantage of these.

Of course I know that, I have been studying the whole time, from a textbook I purchased. I would just like to find some math problems online, including the solutions, if possible with the different steps to get to those solutions.

I'll look through the links later, thank you so far :)

What is the GED test and why is it important?

The GED (General Education Development) test is a high school equivalency exam that measures the skills and knowledge typically acquired in a traditional high school curriculum. It is important because it allows individuals who did not complete high school to earn a credential that is recognized by employers and colleges as equivalent to a high school diploma.

Is math a significant part of the GED test?

Yes, math is a significant part of the GED test. The math section of the test covers topics such as basic arithmetic, algebra, geometry, and data analysis. It makes up 25% of the overall test score, so it is important to prepare and practice for this section.

What resources are available for studying and learning math for the GED test?

There are many resources available for studying and learning math for the GED test. These include study guides, practice tests, online tutorials, and GED preparation classes. It is important to find the resource that works best for your learning style and to dedicate enough time to studying and practicing.

What are some tips for successfully learning math for the GED test?

Some tips for successfully learning math for the GED test include: setting a study schedule and sticking to it, focusing on one topic at a time, practicing with real GED test questions, seeking help from a tutor or teacher if needed, and using visual aids and hands-on activities to understand concepts.

How can I overcome my fear or anxiety about learning math for the GED test?

One way to overcome fear or anxiety about learning math for the GED test is to remind yourself that it is a learnable skill and that with practice and dedication, you can improve. It is also helpful to break down the material into smaller, manageable chunks and to celebrate your progress and successes along the way. Seek support from friends, family, or a tutor if you need additional help or encouragement.