What's Your Unique World Record Talent?

• Thread starter Loren Booda
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about the talent that has earned someone a world record for being the first person to respond to a thread. The person is determined to keep responding until victory is assured, and their AIM screen name is named after the other person in the conversation. They then joke about the name being based on the composer Rachmaninoff. The topic then shifts to an out-of-date desk calendar and the length of a rubber band chain. The conversation ends with a joke about someone having an even more out-of-date calendar from 1979.
Loren Booda
Describe to us the talent that has earned you your current world record.*

Physics news on Phys.org
I hold the world record being the first person to respond to this thread.

I hope I just set the record for the being the last.

Not without a fight! bwaha

I'll keep at it until victory is assured... even if it takes a hundred pages.

Yes! By the way, rach, my AIM screen name is named after you.

The World's Greatest Lover

...or was it loser...anyway, one of those.

What's one measly letter between friends?

Yes! By the way, rach, my AIM screen name is named after you.

You mean it was named after this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Rachmaninoff"

Last edited by a moderator:
rachmaninoff said:
You mean it was named after this guy: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sergei_Rachmaninoff"

No, it was named after you :wink:

But seriously, Rachmaninoff is one of my favorite composers. I <3 piano concertos.

Last edited by a moderator:
Most out of date calendar?

First day back in my home office and my desk calendar reads Sep 6 (plus I had 27 phone messages to delete - either there's a limit to how many messages can be stored or nobody called for the first couple of months). My clock's still on daylight savings time.

Ivan Seeking said:
The World's Greatest Lover
...or was it loser...anyway, one of those.

Well looking at your post count, I would say... :biggrin:

World's longest STRETCHED rubber Band chain - 40,000 rubber bands, 5 miles long.

Blahness said:
World's longest STRETCHED rubber Band chain - 40,000 rubber bands, 5 miles long.
Were you really part of that? That's pretty cool. I imagine there may have been concerns over tangling.

BobG said:
Most out of date calendar?
Not even close, Bob. I just pulled a 1979 one off of my mother's bathroom wall a couple of weeks ago.

What is a world record talent?

A world record talent is a unique skill or ability that has been recognized and recorded by an official organization, such as Guinness World Records. It can be anything from a physical feat to a mental accomplishment.

How do I know if my talent is a world record?

To determine if your talent is a world record, you can start by researching existing world records in your specific category. If you believe that you have beaten the current record, you can submit an application to Guinness World Records for verification.

What types of talents can be considered for a world record?

Any talent that can be measured and verified by an official organization can be considered for a world record. This can include physical abilities, academic achievements, unique accomplishments, and more.

Do I need to be physically present to break a world record?

No, there are many world records that can be achieved remotely or through virtual means. However, some records may require an official representative from Guinness World Records to be present for verification.

How long does it take to get a world record verified?

The verification process for a world record can vary, but it typically takes several weeks to months to complete. This is because Guinness World Records has strict guidelines and protocols to ensure the validity of each record.