Help Me Understand Velocity Modulation in Electric Fields

In summary: As the electron moves through the field, it gains kinetic energy, but this energy is coming from the electric field and not from the electron itself. The electron is not giving up any energy in this process.
flexifirm
If anyone is an expert on Velocity Modulation of Electrons within Electric Field, please try to help me.

The dilemma is, I'm reading through waveguide theory on TPUB and hit a page that deals with VELOCITY MODULATION.

http://www.tpub.com/content/neets/14183/css/14183_85.htm

It clearly states at the bottom that as an electron moves in an electric field (accelerates against electric flux lines), it is gaining KINETIC ENERGY at the expense of ENERGY FROM THE ELECTRIC FIELD.

Is this correct? And if so can someone tell me what that really means. From what I see, the electron would be gaining Kinetic Energy at the expense of it's own energy of position (POTENTIAL ENERGY it has by being in the position it was in).

So how does the electron GIVE UP energy to the electric field?

Engineering news on Phys.org
In that scenerio, the electron does not give up anything.
The statement "it is gaining KINETIC ENERGY at the expense of ENERGY FROM THE ELECTRIC FIELD" is talking about the electric field of the accelerative coils of the acceleration device, not the input electron.

come again

come again (i'm really confused... help me out)

The electric field of the coils is imparting energy to the electron.

1. What is velocity modulation in electric fields?

Velocity modulation in electric fields is a phenomenon where the velocity of charged particles in an electric field is modulated or changed. This can occur in various systems, such as electron beams, plasma, and semiconductors.

2. How does velocity modulation occur in electric fields?

Velocity modulation in electric fields occurs when charged particles, such as electrons, are accelerated or decelerated by an electric field. This change in velocity can be controlled and modulated by varying the strength or frequency of the electric field.

3. What are the applications of velocity modulation in electric fields?

Velocity modulation in electric fields has several practical applications, such as in the production of high-energy electron beams for medical and industrial purposes, in the generation of microwaves and other electromagnetic waves, and in the operation of electronic devices such as transistors and diodes.

4. What factors affect velocity modulation in electric fields?

The strength and frequency of the electric field, as well as the properties of the charged particles (such as their mass and charge), can affect velocity modulation in electric fields. Additionally, factors such as temperature, pressure, and the presence of other particles can also impact the phenomenon.

5. How is velocity modulation in electric fields studied and measured?

Velocity modulation in electric fields can be studied and measured using various techniques, such as electron microscopy, spectroscopy, and particle accelerators. These techniques allow scientists to observe and analyze the behavior of charged particles in electric fields and understand the underlying principles of velocity modulation.