Revising High School Material for SAT-like Exams

In summary, the speaker introduces themselves and mentions that SAT-like exams have been introduced in their school. They are looking for an algebra-based book that covers topics such as Newton's mechanics, fluid mechanics, waves, optics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism, and quantum mechanics. They mention having studied these topics before but need a refresher. They also mention a book, "The Improbable Machine" by Jeremy Campbell, which discusses AI and the Mind. The speaker thanks the forum for moving their post to the appropriate forum.
dzogi
So, since this is my first post on this forum I'd like to say hello to everyone. This year SAT-like exams are introduced in my school so I want to revise all the material from these 4 years of high-school education. I've tried Serway's book - it's nice, I can understand it completely, but I need an algebra-based book. It would be great if there's a Serway-like algebra book ;). The material is pretty much everything: Newton's mechanics, fluid mechanics, waves, optics, thermodynamics, electromagnetism and a bit of quantum mechanics (maybe I missed something, but you get the idea). I've studied all those topics with no problems, but I can't quite remember everything at the moment :(.

Btw, I hope this is the right forum for this question, thanks in advance :)
No, it's not :( Can someone please move it?

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
It's an older book, and some of the ideas are a bit obsolete, but it will still make you think. The subject is AI and the Mind. It's called The Improbable Machine by Jeremy Campbell. ISBN 0-671-65711-9

Welcome to the PF, dzogi. I'm of no help on your question, unfortunately, but I think you will get some helpful responses here. Your post has been moved to the matching PF forum.

What is the purpose of revising high school material for SAT-like exams?

The purpose of revising high school material for SAT-like exams is to ensure that students have a comprehensive understanding of the topics and skills that will be tested on the exam. By reviewing and practicing these concepts, students can improve their test-taking strategies and increase their chances of achieving a higher score.

How should I approach revising high school material for SAT-like exams?

It is important to start early and create a study plan that covers all of the topics and skills that will be tested on the exam. Practice questions and past exams can also be helpful in identifying areas that require more attention. Additionally, seeking guidance from teachers or tutors can provide valuable insights and support during the revision process.

What are some effective strategies for revising high school material for SAT-like exams?

Some effective strategies for revising high school material for SAT-like exams include breaking down complex concepts into smaller, manageable parts, using flashcards to memorize key terms and formulas, and practicing with timed exams to improve speed and accuracy. It is also helpful to review and understand common mistakes and misconceptions related to each topic.

How long should I spend revising high school material for SAT-like exams?

The amount of time needed to revise high school material for SAT-like exams may vary for each individual. It is generally recommended to dedicate at least 2-3 months to revision, with consistent practice and review throughout this period. However, it is important to also balance revision with other activities and avoid burnout.

Are there any additional resources that can aid in revising high school material for SAT-like exams?

Yes, there are many resources available to aid in revising high school material for SAT-like exams. These may include study guides, practice books, online courses, and tutoring services. It is important to choose resources that align with your learning style and provide comprehensive coverage of the exam topics.