CAD blocks for traffic arrows

• Thread starter blimkie.k
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Blocks Cad
In summary, the conversation discusses the need for traffic arrows to be painted on a road for a new Pizza Hut site plan. The person asking the question is having trouble finding free CAD blocks for the arrows and wonders if they should be purchased from a traffic supply company. It is also mentioned that the arrows need to be visible at night and may require specialized materials or manual painting.
blimkie.k
Does anyone know where I could download some free cad blocks for traffic arrows to be painted on a road.

My company is doing a site plan for a new pizza hut and I have to alter the highway to have some turning lanes some turning arrows and strait arrows. Couldn't find any on Google.

Thanks,

-Blimkie

Engineering news on Phys.org
Isn't that the sort of thing you're supposed to be buying from state / provincial / federal / whatever approved traffic-supply companies? Especially if they have to be seen at night.

EDIT: Glossed over the part about painting on the road (as opposed to road signs): but if this is permanent, I think it still needs to be done with the bake-on night-visible stuff (and the guys that would do that would have the graphics for doing that sort of thing), or some guy laying / painting this stuff by hand anyways.

I can understand your need for accurate and detailed CAD blocks for traffic arrows. Unfortunately, I am not able to provide specific recommendations for where to download free CAD blocks, as it is outside of my area of expertise. However, I suggest reaching out to your local government transportation department or consulting with a professional civil engineer for assistance in obtaining these CAD blocks. They may have access to databases or resources that can provide the necessary blocks for your project. Additionally, there are various online communities and forums for CAD users that may be able to provide helpful suggestions or resources. Good luck with your project!

1. What are CAD blocks for traffic arrows?

CAD blocks for traffic arrows are pre-made, digital symbols used in computer-aided design (CAD) software to represent traffic arrows. They are typically used in traffic engineering and design projects to indicate directions of traffic flow, turning movements, and lane assignments.

2. Where can I find CAD blocks for traffic arrows?

CAD blocks for traffic arrows can be found on various online CAD libraries, such as CADdetails, CAD Blocks Free, and AutoCAD Blocks. They can also be downloaded from the websites of CAD software companies, such as AutoCAD and SketchUp.

3. How do I use CAD blocks for traffic arrows?

To use CAD blocks for traffic arrows, you will need to have a CAD software installed on your computer. Once you have the software open, you can import the CAD blocks into your project or drawing file. You can then manipulate the blocks, such as rotating or scaling them, to fit your design needs.

4. Are there different types of CAD blocks for traffic arrows?

Yes, there are different types of CAD blocks for traffic arrows. Some may be specific to certain software programs, while others may be more general and compatible with various CAD software. There are also different styles and sizes of traffic arrows available, such as standard arrows, curved arrows, and large-scale arrows.

5. Can I customize CAD blocks for traffic arrows?

Yes, you can customize CAD blocks for traffic arrows to some extent. Depending on the software you are using, you may be able to change the color, size, and rotation of the blocks. Some software programs also allow you to create your own CAD blocks or modify existing ones to better suit your project needs.