Medical Examination for Radiation Exposure Certification

• Medical
  • Thread starter Marioqwe
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Medical
In summary, the person has been requested to get a medical examination that includes a blood test to certify physical capability for entering areas with radiation. They are unsure of what kind of test it would be and if it would be offered at a local hospital. They are also concerned about the cost and suggest asking their future employer for recommendations. They assume it would be a standard physical and bloodwork to check for existing ailments, possibly as a precaution against future lawsuits. They advise calling around to compare prices and getting the test requirements in writing.
Marioqwe
I've been requested to "get a medical examination that includes a blood test to certify that you are physical capable of entering areas that may emit very small quantities of radiation."

What kind of test would this be? what would it include? and would they offer this at a local hospital?
I have never gotten a medical examination in this country and I don't want to get ripped off!

Biology news on Phys.org
Ask whoever your future employer is about where you can find one. They should be able to suggest somewhere.

I don't know for sure, but I'm assuming it is just a standard physical and bloodwork to make sure you don't have any existing ailments that could be aggrevated by radiation. Most likely just a catch all in case someone wants to sue them later on.

I have never gotten a medical examination in this country and I don't want to get ripped off!

You could call around and ask several doctors offices on the price of similar examinations and compare them. I can't say for certain what the cost might be.

I would imagine hospitals would charge a lot more, then a local clinic or doctors office. You should also get in writing, what test they want you to have.

1. What is a medical examination?

A medical examination is a thorough assessment of an individual's physical health and medical history. It is usually conducted by a healthcare professional, such as a doctor or nurse, and may include various tests and screenings to evaluate overall health and identify any potential health issues.

2. Why is a medical examination necessary?

A medical examination is necessary because it allows healthcare professionals to assess an individual's health and identify any potential health problems early on. This can help prevent serious health issues from developing or worsening, and allows for prompt treatment if necessary.

3. What happens during a medical examination?

During a medical examination, the healthcare professional will typically start by taking a detailed medical history, including information about any past medical conditions, current medications, and family history. They may also conduct a physical examination, which can include checking vital signs, performing various tests, and evaluating different parts of the body. Depending on the individual's age and health status, the examination may also include screenings for specific health conditions.

4. How often should I get a medical examination?

The frequency of medical examinations can vary depending on factors such as age, overall health, and family history. Generally, it is recommended to have a medical examination at least once a year, but this may vary for individuals with certain health conditions or risk factors.

5. What should I bring to a medical examination?

You should bring any relevant medical documents or records, such as previous test results or a list of current medications. It is also helpful to bring a list of any questions or concerns you may have for the healthcare professional. Additionally, be sure to have your identification and insurance information with you.