What are some of your favorite movies of all time?

In summary, the conversation is about favorite movies of all time, with the person listing their favorites from different categories and genres. Some of their favorites include The Mummy Returns, The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King, A Beautiful Mind, The Matrix Reloaded, Catch Me if You Can, Star Wars Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi, James Bond, Moonraker, and I, Robot. Another person also shares their favorites, including Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Life of Brian, 12 Monkeys, The Silence of the Lambs, and more. The conversation also mentions being tired of watching the LOTR movies.
manzaloros
I know there is a similar topic already up, but this one is slightly different.

What are your FAVORITE movies of ALL TIME? They can be from any category or any genre.
Mine:
Action: The Mummy Returns
Fantasy: The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King
Philisophical: A Beautiful Mind
Science Fiction: The Matrix Reloaded
'Fun': Catch Me if You Can
Epic: Star WArs Episode VI: The Return of the Jedi
Series Movies: James Bond
James Bond: Moonraker
Movie Made From a Book: I, Robot

Thanks guys.

Physics news on Phys.org
Monty Python and the Holy Grail, Life of Brian, 12 Monkeys, The Birds, The Silence of the Lambs, Fight Club, Se7en, Dr. Strangelove or: How I Learned to Stop Worrying and Love the Bomb, Raiders of the Lost Ark, Indiana Jones and the Last Crusade, Star Wars: A New Hope, Rear Window, Singin' in the Rain, The Sound of Music, Mary Poppins, Amadeus, Blade Runner, Ben-Hur, The Good, The Bad, And The Ugly, 2001: A Space Odyssey...these are the good movies I've watched in the last 4-6 months.

I'm kind of sick of watching the LOTR movies.

The Running Man. Only one on my list until I saw Kill Bill vols. 1&2 back to back with all my friends right before we all left for college.

Swingers
Good Will Hunting
Searching for Bobby Fischer
A Beautiful Mind
The Transporter
Romper Stomper
Pi

...to name a few

1. What makes a movie a "favorite" for people?

Movies can become a favorite for a variety of reasons, including personal connection to the story or characters, emotional impact, or simply enjoyment of the overall film. Some people may also consider technical aspects such as cinematography, acting, or soundtrack when determining their favorite movies.

2. Are there any common themes or patterns among people's favorite movies?

While preferences for favorite movies can vary greatly among individuals, some common themes or patterns may include a strong and relatable protagonist, a compelling and well-developed plot, and thought-provoking or impactful messages or themes.

3. Can a movie still be a favorite if it is not critically acclaimed?

Absolutely. While critical acclaim can be a factor for some people in determining their favorite movies, it is not the only determining factor. A movie can still hold personal significance or have a profound impact on an individual, even if it is not well-received by critics.

4. Do people's favorite movies change over time?

Yes, it is common for people's favorite movies to change over time. As individuals grow and experience new things, their tastes and preferences may also change. A movie that was a favorite in childhood may not hold the same significance or impact in adulthood.

5. Is there a difference between "favorite" movies and "best" movies?

The terms "favorite" and "best" can be subjective and may mean different things to different people. While a favorite movie may hold personal significance or have a strong emotional impact, a "best" movie may be determined by more objective measures such as critical reception or awards. Ultimately, the distinction between the two terms is up to individual interpretation.