Graph Theory: Book recommendations

In summary, the individual is looking for an introduction to graph theory book to prepare for an upcoming course. They are seeking a book that is not overly simple but also not too in depth, as they expect the course textbook and lectures to cover the material in detail. They are open to recommendations and suggestions, and it is suggested that they familiarize themselves with the class textbook beforehand to get a better understanding of the subject. They are also recommended to browse through the graph theory section at a library to find additional resources.
srfriggen
(There isn't a section for Graph Theory, so I figured I'd post this in a spot where a lot of pure math topics are posted).

Looking for an easy to read introduction to graph theory book to prep me for a course I'll be taking in the Spring. Nothing too simple, but nothing too in depth (as I'm sure whatever textbook I'll have to buy and lectures I take will be in depth enough... and I don't know what textbook will be used yet).

any recommendations would be greatly appreciated!

Physics news on Phys.org
If possible, I would suggest, to get the most of the class, to get the class textbook now, and browse thru it, play around with it, and get the notation, format, and main points, and whatever you can; that way you have a good idea of what is going on in class.
For side books, try dropping by your library and browse thru the graph theory section, to see which one feels good to you. Good luck with it (of course, post here with questions).

1. What are the best introductory books on Graph Theory?

Some of the most recommended introductory books on Graph Theory are "Introduction to Graph Theory" by Douglas B. West, "Graph Theory: Modeling, Applications, and Algorithms" by Geir Agnarsson and Raymond Greenlaw, and "Discrete Mathematics and Its Applications" by Kenneth Rosen.

2. Are there any graph theory books specifically for beginners?

Yes, there are several graph theory books that are specifically designed for beginners. Some examples include "A First Course in Graph Theory" by Gary Chartrand, "Graph Theory: A Problem Oriented Approach" by Daniel A. Marcus, and "A Beginner's Guide to Graph Theory" by W.D. Wallis.

3. What are some good advanced books on Graph Theory?

For those looking to delve deeper into Graph Theory, some recommended advanced books are "Graph Theory" by Reinhard Diestel, "The Theory of Graphs" by Claude Berge, and "Introduction to Graph Theory" by Richard J. Trudeau.

4. Are there any graph theory books that focus on applications in computer science?

Yes, there are many graph theory books that specifically focus on applications in computer science. Some examples include "The Algorithm Design Manual" by Steven Skiena, "Algorithms on Strings, Trees, and Sequences" by Dan Gusfield, and "Graph Theory and Its Applications" by Jonathan L. Gross and Jay Yellen.

5. Are there any online resources for learning about Graph Theory?

Yes, there are several online resources for learning about Graph Theory. Some options include free online courses on platforms like Coursera and edX, video lectures on YouTube, and interactive tutorials on websites such as Brilliant and Khan Academy.