Serial No. & Year of Manufacture of AMD Processor?

In summary, the serial number on an AMD processor is a unique identifier used for quality control and warranty purposes. The first two digits of the serial number represent the year of manufacture, which can also be determined by checking the manufacturing date code or contacting AMD directly. However, the serial number and year of manufacture cannot be used to identify the specific model of the processor, which can be found by looking at the model number or name on the chip itself. It is important to know this information for warranty purposes, ensuring the most up-to-date version, and troubleshooting compatibility concerns.
rahulkhajuria
Please can anyone tell me how can I find the Serial No. & Year of Manufacture of my 2.70 gigahertz AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5200+ ? Is it written on the CPU ? Or is there any Software which will tell me this information ? Or will the AMD Website tell this to me ?

I want to know the Serial No. of the PROCESSOR .

Last edited:
Computer science news on Phys.org
Hey rahulkhajuria.

I did a quick google search and I got this:

http://support.amd.com/fr/kbarticles/Pages/AMDProcessorSerialNumber.aspx

You can probably find similar articles on that site for specific info about your make/model of CPU.

1. What does the serial number on an AMD processor represent?

The serial number on an AMD processor is a unique identifier that is used to track and identify the specific unit. It is assigned by the manufacturer and is used for quality control, warranty purposes, and to differentiate between different versions of the same processor.

2. How can I determine the year of manufacture for an AMD processor?

The year of manufacture for an AMD processor can be determined by looking at the serial number. The first two digits of the serial number represent the year of manufacture. For example, if the serial number is 18JX123456, the year of manufacture would be 2018.

3. Can the serial number and year of manufacture be used to identify the specific model of an AMD processor?

No, the serial number and year of manufacture cannot be used to identify the specific model of an AMD processor. This information only indicates the year and batch in which the processor was manufactured. To determine the model, you will need to look at the model number or name on the processor itself.

4. Are there any other ways to determine the year of manufacture for an AMD processor?

Yes, there are other ways to determine the year of manufacture for an AMD processor. You can also check the manufacturing date code on the processor, which is typically printed on the chip itself. Additionally, you can contact AMD directly or check their website for information on specific processor models and their release dates.

5. Why is it important to know the serial number and year of manufacture for an AMD processor?

Knowing the serial number and year of manufacture for an AMD processor can be useful for warranty purposes and for ensuring that you have the most up-to-date version of the processor. It can also help with troubleshooting any issues or compatibility concerns with other computer components.