Choosing physics graduate school.

In summary, the conversation discusses the individual's desire to continue their education in a US graduate school, despite having no research experience. They mention their high GPA and perfect Physics GRE scores and inquire about which university and ranking they should apply to. They also ask if it is possible to first obtain a master's degree in the US and then apply for a PhD program at a better school. The conversation ends with a recommendation to apply to a wide range of schools to increase their chances of acceptance and a suggestion to read specific parts of the "So You Want To Be A Physicist" essay.
rar0308
I live in a country within north east asia.
I want to continue my education in US graduate school.
GPA 4.0x/4.5
Physics GRE 990/990
No research experience.

What university within what ranking should i apply to ?

Is it possible to first get master degree in US then apply for better PhD school?

Physics news on Phys.org
rar0308 said:
I live in a country within north east asia.
I want to continue my education in US graduate school.
GPA 4.0x/4.5
Physics GRE 990/990
No research experience.

What university within what ranking should i apply to ?

Is it possible to first get master degree in US then apply for better PhD school?

Please read Part V and VII in the So You Want To Be A Physicist essay.

Zz.

1. What are the top physics graduate schools?

The top physics graduate schools are typically considered to be institutions such as Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), California Institute of Technology (Caltech), Harvard University, Stanford University, and Princeton University.

2. How important is the reputation of the school in choosing a physics graduate program?

The reputation of the school can be an important factor in choosing a physics graduate program. It can affect the quality of education, research opportunities, and job prospects after graduation. However, it is not the only factor to consider and it ultimately depends on your personal goals and priorities.

3. What should I look for in a physics graduate program?

When choosing a physics graduate program, it is important to consider factors such as the faculty, research opportunities, funding and financial aid options, the curriculum and coursework, and the location and overall environment of the program. It is also important to determine if the program aligns with your research interests and career goals.

4. Is it better to choose a specialized physics graduate program or a general one?

This ultimately depends on your interests and career goals. Specialized programs may offer more in-depth and focused research opportunities, while general programs may provide a broader foundation in physics principles. It is important to research and determine which type of program best aligns with your goals.

5. How competitive is the admissions process for physics graduate school?

The admissions process for physics graduate school can be highly competitive, as top programs often receive a large number of applications. It is important to have a strong academic background, research experience, and letters of recommendation, as well as a well-written personal statement to increase your chances of being accepted.