Immediate help rate of reaction

In summary, to find the average rate of reaction for a 3.25g sample of NaHCO3 reacting with sulfuric acid in 20 seconds, you will need to first write and balance the equation to determine the molar ratio of the two compounds. From there, you can find the mass ratio and use it to calculate the average rate of reaction in terms of mass of H2SO4 consumed per second, amount of sulfuric acid consumed per second, and amount of CO2 produced per second.
aisha
a 3.25g sample of NaHCO3 (sodium hydrogen carbonate) reacts completely with sulfuric acid (H2SO4) in a time of 20 seconds. express the average rate of reaction as

a) mass of H2SO4 consumed per second
I don't know how to find the mass of the sulfuric acid, therefore I am unable to figure out the rate of the reaction. my answer is in mg, I am not sure what this means. I also have to find:

b) amount of sulfuric acid consumed per second

c) amount of CO2 produced per second

I already have the answers, just need help in figuring out how to approach the question. PLEASE HELP soon...TEST TOMOROW! thanx:cry:

Physics news on Phys.org
Isn't there a "saturation equation" (my expression) that would tell you exactly the amount of compond X that would completely react with compound Y?

aisha said:
a 3.25g sample of NaHCO3 (sodium hydrogen carbonate) reacts completely with sulfuric acid (H2SO4) in a time of 20 seconds. express the average rate of reaction as
What's the first thing to do ? Write the equation and balance it. That tells you the molar ratio of bicarbonate and sulfuric acid. From the molar ratio, you can find the mass ratio.

1. What is the "Immediate Help Rate of Reaction"?

The Immediate Help Rate of Reaction is a scientific term used to describe the speed at which a chemical reaction occurs when an external stimulus, such as heat or pressure, is applied. It measures the initial rate of change in the concentration of reactants or products at the beginning of a reaction.

2. How is the Immediate Help Rate of Reaction measured?

The Immediate Help Rate of Reaction is typically measured by monitoring the concentration of reactants or products at regular time intervals during the reaction. This data is then used to calculate the slope of the concentration curve, which represents the rate of reaction at that specific time point.

3. What factors can affect the Immediate Help Rate of Reaction?

There are several factors that can influence the Immediate Help Rate of Reaction, including temperature, concentration of reactants, surface area, and the presence of catalysts. These factors can either increase or decrease the rate of reaction by affecting the number of successful collisions between reactant particles.

4. Why is the Immediate Help Rate of Reaction important in scientific research?

The Immediate Help Rate of Reaction is an important parameter in scientific research because it provides valuable information about the kinetics of a chemical reaction. It can help researchers understand the underlying mechanisms of a reaction, predict the outcome of a reaction, and optimize reaction conditions for desired results.

5. How can the Immediate Help Rate of Reaction be altered or controlled?

The Immediate Help Rate of Reaction can be altered or controlled by changing the factors that influence it, such as temperature, concentration, and the presence of catalysts. By adjusting these parameters, the rate of reaction can be increased or decreased to achieve the desired result.