Does this differential equation setup look correct?

In summary, a differential equation is a mathematical equation used to describe the relationship between a function and its derivatives. To ensure the setup is correct, one should follow the proper format for the type of differential equation and test it against known values. There are different types of differential equations, each with its own rules and methods for solving. They are used in science to model and study natural phenomena and processes. Solving a differential equation can be done using techniques such as separation of variables, integrating factors, and series solutions, as well as utilizing software programs and online resources.
Agnostic
In pdf file

Attachments

• deadv.pdf
    42.4 KB · Views: 240
Physics news on Phys.org
The problem with it is that the indicial equation I get yields positive k values which will be plugged into my assumed form of solution which is Ae^-k.1*x + Be^-k.2*x.

This will mean current increases forever :(

...not true

I am not able to open the attached pdf file to properly assess the differential equation setup. However, to determine if a differential equation setup is correct, it is important to check if it follows the fundamental principles and properties of differential equations.

Firstly, the setup should have a dependent variable, such as y, and an independent variable, such as x. The equation should also include the derivative of the dependent variable, such as dy/dx, and any other necessary variables, constants, or coefficients.

Secondly, the setup should follow the correct mathematical operations and rules. This includes using appropriate algebraic expressions and operators, as well as following the correct order of operations.

Lastly, the setup should be consistent with the problem or phenomenon being modeled. It should accurately describe the relationship between the variables and reflect the behavior of the system being studied.

Without seeing the specific setup, it is difficult for me to determine if it is correct. I would recommend double-checking the setup using the above principles and consulting with a mathematics or physics expert if needed.

1. What is a differential equation?

A differential equation is a mathematical equation that describes the relationship between a function and its derivatives. It is used to model various physical phenomena in fields such as physics, engineering, and economics.

2. How do I know if my setup is correct?

To determine if a differential equation setup is correct, you should first ensure that it follows the proper format for the type of differential equation (e.g. first order, second order, etc.). Then, you can plug in known values and see if the equation accurately predicts the behavior of the system.

3. What are the different types of differential equations?

There are several types of differential equations, including ordinary differential equations, partial differential equations, and stochastic differential equations. Each type has its own set of rules and methods for solving.

4. What is the purpose of using differential equations in science?

Differential equations are used in science to model and study various natural phenomena and processes. They help us understand and predict the behavior of complex systems, making them an essential tool in many scientific fields.

5. How can I solve a differential equation?

The method for solving a differential equation depends on its type and complexity. Some common techniques include separation of variables, integrating factors, and using series solutions. Additionally, there are many software programs and online resources available to assist with solving differential equations.