Solve the Mystery: What is 9 times 7?

• Thread starter bbg5000
  • Start date
In summary, the formula for solving 9 times 7 is multiplying 9 by 7, and you can check the answer using the commutative property of multiplication. You can also use a visual representation, such as an array or grid, to solve 9 times 7. Learning multiplication tables, like 9 times 7, is important for quick and accurate problem-solving and can be applied in various real-life situations, such as budgeting or cooking.
bbg5000
It's like a riddle thinger..

If 9 times 9 is 7
10 times 9 is 9
10 times 8 is 8
8 time 8 is 2

What is 9 times 7 ?

It says to "Think mathematically. There is a pattern of calculating involved."

Anybody got any idea what this is? What the answer is??

Physics news on Phys.org
Multiply the numbers (using "normal" multiplication), then take the difference between the digits.

9 * 9 = 81 and 8 - 1 = 7.
10 * 9 = 90 and 9 - 0 = 9.
10 * 8 = 80 and 8 - 0 = 8.
8 * 8 = 64 and 6 - 4 = 2.

Since 9 * 7 = 63, the answer you're looking for is probably 6 - 3 = 3.

Wow.. I never saw that. Thanx

Originally posted by bbg5000
It says to "Think mathematically...

Utter nonsense.

1. What is the formula for solving 9 times 7?

The formula for solving 9 times 7 is simply multiplying 9 by 7, which gives us the answer of 63.

2. How can I check if my answer for 9 times 7 is correct?

You can check your answer by using the commutative property of multiplication, which states that the order of multiplication does not affect the result. In this case, you can also solve 7 times 9 and see if you get the same answer of 63.

3. Can you show me how to solve 9 times 7 using a visual representation?

Yes, you can represent 9 times 7 using an array or a grid with 9 rows and 7 columns. Each box in the grid represents 1 multiplication, and counting all the boxes will give you the final answer of 63.

4. What is the importance of learning multiplication tables like 9 times 7?

Learning multiplication tables is important because it allows us to quickly and accurately solve mathematical problems without the use of a calculator. It also helps with understanding more complex mathematical concepts in the future.

5. How can I apply the knowledge of 9 times 7 in real life?

The knowledge of 9 times 7 can be applied in various real-life situations, such as calculating the total cost of purchasing 9 items that cost $7 each, or finding the total number of days in 9 weeks, where each week has 7 days. It can also be used in everyday tasks like cooking or budgeting.