Rotating a 340cm long cylinder with 100 Kg weight on it

In summary, the individual is seeking ideas on how to rotate a 340cm long metallic cylinder with two other cylinders welded at a 90 degree angle, each weighing 50kg. The rotation should be slow and in one direction, and is not related to a previous question about a car turntable. Two photos have been attached for reference.
The_RaT
Dear pros,

I need to rotate a 340cm long metallic cylinder , on this cylinder i have two other cylinders welded with a 90degree angle(50 kg each cylinder) so the whole thing will look like that : TT

Any ideas?

Thank You

Physics news on Phys.org
The_RaT said:
Dear pros,

I need to rotate a 340cm long metallic cylinder , on this cylinder i have two other cylinders welded with a 90degree angle(50 kg each cylinder) so the whole thing will look like that : TT

Any ideas?

Thank You

Rotate in which direction? How fast? Is this related to your recent car turntable question thread?

No has nothing to do with the turntable thing :)

i attached two photos i hope they can show the movement !

the rotation should be slow, and in one direction!

thanks

Attachments

• 1232.jpg
    1232.jpg
    5.8 KB · Views: 319
  • 123.jpg
    123.jpg
    5.6 KB · Views: 330

What is the force required to rotate a 340cm long cylinder with 100 Kg weight on it?

The force required to rotate a 340cm long cylinder with 100 Kg weight on it can be calculated by multiplying the mass of the cylinder (100 Kg) by the gravitational acceleration (9.8 m/s²) and the radius of the cylinder (170 cm). This will give you the torque required to rotate the cylinder.

What is the relationship between the length and weight of a rotating cylinder?

The length and weight of a rotating cylinder have a direct relationship. As the length of the cylinder increases, so does its weight. This is because the weight of a cylinder is dependent on its volume, and as the length increases, so does the volume.

What factors affect the rotational speed of a 340cm long cylinder with 100 Kg weight?

The rotational speed of a 340cm long cylinder with 100 Kg weight is affected by several factors, including the amount of force applied, the friction between the cylinder and its axis of rotation, and the weight distribution of the cylinder. Other factors such as air resistance and the shape of the cylinder can also impact its rotational speed.

How does the radius of the cylinder affect its rotational stability?

The radius of a cylinder has a significant impact on its rotational stability. A larger radius will result in a more stable rotation, as there is a greater distance between the axis of rotation and the outer edge of the cylinder. On the other hand, a smaller radius can lead to a wobbly or unstable rotation.

Can the rotational speed of a cylinder be increased by decreasing its length?

No, the rotational speed of a cylinder is not affected by its length alone. The rotational speed is dependent on the torque applied and the moment of inertia, which is influenced by both the length and radius of the cylinder. Simply decreasing the length of the cylinder without adjusting other factors will not increase its rotational speed.