Books I can read [astrophysics]

In summary, there are several resources available to increase knowledge on the subject of astrophysics. One recommendation is "Introductory to Astronomy and Cosmology" by Ian Morison. Other helpful sources include review papers by Padmanabhan and books such as "An Introduction to Modern Astrophysics" and "Fundamental Astronomy." There is also a free resource available in Portuguese.
Abscissas
Hey i was posting to ask what type of books i can get to make me more knowledgeable on the subject of astrophysics, it could be more general or very specific if you think its worth knowing please lead me to a book that explains. thank you

Physics news on Phys.org
Thank you I didn't know they had free books on the internet that you didn't have to steal

If there is a free version of that one, I'm not aware of it. I bought my copy.

Oh nvm its not free :/ thanks a bunch still I'm definitely going to get it

I can recommend two books I did read and, most important, did learn a lot from them:
- An introduction to modern astrophysics (Carroll and Ostlie), very expensive;
- Fundamental astronomy (Karttunen et alli), almost budget

A third choice, perhaps the best one and for free, happens to be written in portuguese: http://astro.if.ufrgs.br/.

Best regards!

Thank you all I will look into these sources and get back to you with feedback

What is astrophysics?

Astrophysics is a branch of astronomy that deals with the physical and chemical properties of celestial objects and phenomena, as well as their interactions and evolution.

What are some popular books about astrophysics?

Some popular books about astrophysics include "A Brief History of Time" by Stephen Hawking, "Astrophysics for People in a Hurry" by Neil deGrasse Tyson, and "Cosmos" by Carl Sagan.

Do I need a strong background in math and science to understand books on astrophysics?

While a basic understanding of math and science is helpful, many books on astrophysics are written for a general audience and do not require advanced knowledge. Some books may include mathematical equations, but these can often be skipped without affecting the overall understanding of the concepts.

Are there any online resources for learning about astrophysics?

Yes, there are several online resources for learning about astrophysics, including Khan Academy, Coursera, and YouTube channels such as Crash Course Astronomy and PBS Space Time.

What are some current topics and developments in astrophysics?

Some current topics and developments in astrophysics include the search for dark matter and dark energy, the study of exoplanets, and advancements in technologies such as gravitational wave detectors and space telescopes.