Please give me stronger oxidant than water which can't kill my body?

• Thread starter stmartin
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Body Water
In summary, the conversation revolved around the topic of time management. The speaker discussed the importance of prioritizing tasks and creating a schedule to stay organized. They also emphasized the need for balance between work and personal life, and the benefits of taking breaks and setting boundaries. The other person shared their own strategies for managing time effectively, such as using a planner and delegating tasks. Overall, the conversation highlighted the key elements of successful time management and the impact it can have on overall productivity and well-being.
stmartin
please give me stronger oxidant than water which can't kill my body? Thank you very much.

Chemistry news on Phys.org
3% solution of hydrogen peroxide

stmartin said:
please give me stronger oxidant than water which can't kill my body? Thank you very much.
We can not have discussions here of potentially dangerous chemicals (especially for use in dangerous situations).

1. What is an oxidant?

An oxidant is a substance that causes oxidation, a chemical reaction that involves the transfer of electrons. Oxidants are often referred to as oxidizing agents because they facilitate the process of oxidation by accepting electrons from other substances.

2. How does an oxidant affect the human body?

Some oxidants can be harmful to the human body because they can cause damage to cells and tissues. This is because they have the ability to steal electrons from important biological molecules, disrupting their normal functioning. However, not all oxidants are harmful, as our bodies also produce and use certain oxidants for important physiological processes.

3. Why is water not a strong oxidant?

Water is not considered a strong oxidant because it does not readily donate or accept electrons. It has a relatively low oxidative potential, meaning it does not have a strong tendency to cause oxidation. Additionally, water is a stable molecule and does not easily react with other substances, further limiting its oxidizing abilities.

4. Is there a naturally occurring oxidant that is stronger than water?

Yes, there are several naturally occurring oxidants that are stronger than water. Examples include ozone, hydrogen peroxide, and hypochlorous acid. These compounds have higher oxidative potentials and are more reactive than water, making them stronger oxidizing agents.

5. Are there any oxidants that are safe for the human body?

Yes, there are some oxidants that are safe for the human body. Our bodies produce and use certain oxidants for important physiological processes, such as the immune response. Additionally, some antioxidants, such as vitamin C and vitamin E, can act as mild oxidants at lower concentrations and have been found to have health benefits when consumed in moderation.