Has anyone read this book?

• Thread starter bomba923
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Book
In summary, the conversation discusses the book Brave New World by Aldous Huxley. One person is currently reading it and finds it to be the worst book they have ever read, due to their disagreement with the author's predictions. Another person mentions that the book heavily focuses on biotechnology, genetic engineering, and biology. The group then discusses their opinions on the book, with some finding it to be a decent read and others hating it due to the heavy-handed use of symbolism. The conversation ends with someone noting that it may be an important book, but not necessarily the greatest work of literature.
bomba923
Has anyone here read
Brave New World, by Aldous Huxley ?

I'm currently reading it, and I think it is the worst I ever had to read
(primarily due to my vehement disagreement with the author's predictions).

Yes, biotechnology, genetic engineering, and general biology are all heavily emphasized in this futurist novel. (Hence, I ask PF :biggrin:)
--------/
Has anyone here read this book?
Now, what did you think of it?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think too many of us have. You're right. Brat-wurst book ever.

Well I have to say I hated it when I had to read it at school, but now looking back at it I think it was a pretty decent book. Nothing amazing but I would definitely say that it was a good book.

Can't believe what English has become these days (well here anyway). The in depth analysis of symbolism I doubt the author even thought of detracted from the story and made it the most painful read of my life.

I remember it as being "heavy handed." Getting whomped with metaphor after giant, obvious metaphor can give you a headache. I suppose its good for school because you can't NOT find something to write about in that book.

Important, I suppose, but far from "the greatest work of literature."

Mk said:
I think too many of us have. You're right. Brat-wurst book ever.
Indeed it is!

~What are your reasons for hating it?

1. What is the purpose of asking if anyone has read a book?

Asking if anyone has read a book can serve multiple purposes. It can be a way to start a conversation about the book or to gauge interest in the book. It can also be a way to determine if the book is popular or well-known.

2. Why is it important to know if someone has read a book?

Knowing if someone has read a book can provide insight into their interests and knowledge. It can also be helpful when discussing the book, as it allows for a shared understanding and potential for deeper conversation.

3. How can I find out if someone has read a specific book?

You can simply ask the person if they have read the book in question. You can also look for online reviews or discussions about the book, or ask for recommendations from friends, family, or book clubs.

4. What if no one has read the book I am interested in?

If no one you know has read the book you are interested in, you can try joining a book club or online community focused on that genre or topic. You can also reach out to the author or publisher for more information about the book.

5. Does it matter if no one has read a book I want to read?

No, it does not matter if no one has read the book you want to read. Reading is a personal experience and everyone has different tastes and preferences. It does not make the book any less valuable or enjoyable if it is not widely read.