How to Simplify This Algebraic Expression?

• Thread starter Jahnabi
  • Start date
In summary, the person is asking for help simplifying the expression (x^4 + x^2y^2 + y^4)/(x^2 - x^2y^2 + y^2) and someone suggests using GroebnerBasis, but the person does not understand and asks for further clarification.
Jahnabi
Hey!

Can anybody help me with this?

I need to simply the following expression:

(x^4 + x^2y^2 + y^4)/(x^2 - x^2y^2 + y^2)

I'd be so thankful ..

Mathematics news on Phys.org
Jahnabi said:
Hey!

Can anybody help me with this?

I need to simply the following expression:

(x^4 + x^2y^2 + y^4)/(x^2 - x^2y^2 + y^2)

I'd be so thankful ..

are sure the expression in the denominator is [tex]x^2 - x^2y^2 + y^2[/tex] and not [tex]x^2 - xy + y^2[/tex]

yeah ..

oh, yeah .. I'm very sure about that ..

GroebnerBasis

hope it helps

Attachments

• GroebnerBasis.pdf
    12.7 KB · Views: 259
I'm sorry, but that went right over me ..! I didn't understand it a little bit .. Could you kindly elaborate? I'd be so very thankful ..

Did you simply try dividing?

1. What does "I really on this one" mean?

"I really on this one" is an incomplete sentence and doesn't have a clear meaning. It is possible that the person meant to say "I rely on this one" or "I really like this one". Without further context, it is difficult to determine the intended meaning.

2. Is "I really on this one" grammatically correct?

No, "I really on this one" is not grammatically correct. It is missing a verb and the phrase "on this one" doesn't have a clear subject. It is important to use proper grammar in communication to ensure clear understanding.

3. Can "I really on this one" be used in formal writing?

No, "I really on this one" should not be used in formal writing. It is an incomplete sentence and may be seen as unprofessional. It is important to use proper grammar and sentence structure in formal writing.

4. How can I clarify the meaning of "I really on this one" in a conversation?

If someone says "I really on this one" in a conversation and you are unsure of the meaning, you can ask for clarification by saying something like, "I'm sorry, I didn't quite understand. Could you please repeat that or explain?" This will help avoid confusion and ensure clear communication.

5. Are there any common phrases that "I really on this one" could be mistaken for?

Yes, "I really on this one" could potentially be mistaken for "I rely on this one" or "I really like this one". It is important to pay attention to context and ask for clarification if you are unsure of the meaning.