Help needed with the effect of no time / time freeze on bullet movement

In summary: So the concept of "no time" or "time freeze" would have no effect on bullet movement. In summary, the question of whether a person could shoot a bullet while time is frozen has no definitive answer as it is based on a hypothetical scenario that goes against the laws of physics.
gengarjetty
Help needed with the effect of "no time"/"time freeze" on bullet movement

1.There is a special question in our assignment:Assuming a person is able to freeze time, will he be able to shoot a bullet from a gun?

2. There are no real equations I know except for the standard distance = speed X time and Newton's three laws

3.I don't know how to apply the equations to get the answer they are looking for.I decided to use logic instead. Since there is no time, no distance can be covered? I am very bad at physice I know. Please help me!

Physics news on Phys.org

gengarjetty said:
1.There is a special question in our assignment:Assuming a person is able to freeze time, will he be able to shoot a bullet from a gun?

2. There are no real equations I know except for the standard distance = speed X time and Newton's three laws

3.I don't know how to apply the equations to get the answer they are looking for.I decided to use logic instead. Since there is no time, no distance can be covered? I am very bad at physice I know. Please help me!

Welcome to PF.

In Timefreezelandia I would be curious about what verbs mean.

Er I think time freeze refers to stoppage of time.

gengarjetty said:
Er I think time freeze refers to stoppage of time.

And when there is no time elapsed do you have an explanation for what the verb "shoot" means?

yeah by shoot I mean make the bullet come out of the gun and hit it..

gengarjetty said:
Since there is no time, no distance can be covered?
That's a reasonable argument - if time is frozen, nothing can happen. (Sometimes simple logic is enough! You don't always need an equation.)

diazona said:
That's a reasonable argument - if time is frozen, nothing can happen. (Sometimes simple logic is enough! You don't always need an equation.)

So the bullet won't come out of the gun and shoot the target even if the single person who CAN move pulls the trigger of the gun?

You could, in addition to a half dozen other good arguments, look at the chemical reaction of the gunpowder as it burns and ask what role time plays in that.

gengarjetty said:
yeah by shoot I mean make the bullet come out of the gun and hit it..

When you strip away the concept of time from a word (verb) that conveys action, what action can there be absent the arrow of time?

Shoot would seem to have no meaning.

Homework there is endless.

LowlyPion said:
When you strip away the concept of time from a word (verb) that conveys action, what action can there be absent the arrow of time?

Shoot would seem to have no meaning.

Homework there is endless.

sorry i should have said "shoot with the gun" or "pull the trigger"

TVP45 said:
You could, in addition to a half dozen other good arguments, look at the chemical reaction of the gunpowder as it burns and ask what role time plays in that.

reaction rates! yup... good point! :)

gengarjetty said:
sorry i should have said "shoot with the gun" or "pull the trigger"

Like I said any action word "shoot" "pull" "travel" "react" "explode" ... they all involve the arrow of time, else there is no action.
Just a picture.

LowlyPion said:
Like I said any action word "shoot" "pull" "travel" "react" "explode" ... they all involve the arrow of time, else there is no action.
Just a picture.

yeah that's true.. i should have thought of it.. this forums great!

thanks guys! XD

In the absence of time there would be no gun, no bullet, and no one to pull the trigger.

1. How does the concept of "time freeze" affect the movement of a bullet?

The concept of "time freeze" has no effect on the physical movement of a bullet. The bullet will continue to move at a constant velocity until it is acted upon by an external force. The idea of stopping time is purely theoretical and has no impact on the laws of physics.

2. Can a time freeze impact the trajectory of a bullet?

No, a time freeze cannot impact the trajectory of a bullet. The trajectory of a bullet is determined by its initial velocity, mass, and the forces acting upon it (such as gravity and air resistance). A time freeze would have no effect on these factors.

3. Would a time freeze cause a bullet to stay suspended in mid-air?

No, a time freeze would not cause a bullet to stay suspended in mid-air. As mentioned before, the laws of physics still apply in a time freeze and the bullet would continue to move forward at a constant velocity until acted upon by an external force.

4. How would a time freeze affect the impact of a bullet?

A time freeze would not have any impact on the physical force or damage caused by a bullet upon impact. The force and damage are determined by the bullet's velocity, mass, and the material it impacts, which would not be affected by a time freeze.

5. Is it possible for a time freeze to slow down or speed up the movement of a bullet?

No, a time freeze cannot alter the speed of a bullet. The concept of stopping time is not possible in reality and therefore, cannot slow down or speed up the movement of a bullet. The bullet will continue to move at a constant velocity according to the laws of physics.