Am I going to be stripped of my title?

• News
  • Thread starter tribdog
  • Start date
In summary: But now that you're here, it's time to get back to work. Welcome back! You're responsible for your actions now, so lets see how you do. In summary, Warren was expected to go to jail for 4 1/2 years, but because of a problem with his file, the trial couldn't continue and the prosecutor offered to give him probation instead. He accepted the offer, but now he is an official felon.
tribdog
I had to go to court today and according to my lawyer I was going to lose and go to jail for 4 1/2 years and I should have taken the offer of 6 months in jail when it was offered. I refused to say I was guilty when I wasn't, so I was expecting to go to jail for 4 1/2 years.
In the court room they found a problem with my file and the trial couldn't continue. this would be the third time everything would have to start over from scratch.
the prosecutor didn't want to go through all this again, so offered to give me probation instead of jail time if I would just plead guilty. I told him it was a matter of pride, which I quickly swallowed and took the offer. I'm boring in real life so probation isn't a problem. the only problem is that now I am an official felon.
How much more do you look down on me with that label?

Physics news on Phys.org
Really?? :eek: what's the felony?

The fact that you got such a weak penalty for your "felony" makes the government's case look pretty shoddy anyway. If anyone asks why you were convicted of a felony, just explain "Well, I didn't actually do it. They couldn't prove anything, but still gave me a few months' probation anyway. I'm not sure why."

- Warren

tribdog said:
I had to go to court today and according to my lawyer I was going to lose and go to jail for 4 1/2 years and I should have taken the offer of 6 months in jail when it was offered. I refused to say I was guilty when I wasn't, so I was expecting to go to jail for 4 1/2 years.
In the court room they found a problem with my file and the trial couldn't continue. this would be the third time everything would have to start over from scratch.
the prosecutor didn't want to go through all this again, so offered to give me probation instead of jail time if I would just plead guilty. I told him it was a matter of pride, which I quickly swallowed and took the offer. I'm boring in real life so probation isn't a problem. the only problem is that now I am an official felon.
How much more do you look down on me with that label?

I am proud know a genuine felon. Be my friend Godfather? :shy:

I don't think I get to say I'm just a little bit felonish.
Pretty black and white line, felon/not felon. Funny thing though, the only place I care about it is here. I know you all look up to me and want to emulate me and I'm joking and should be arrested for that last comment. lol.
I got to tell you all though I was pretty terrified these past few days. I'm a pretty creative guy, so I've had some pretty horrid thoughts running through my head lately. I did not want to go to prison just because I'm an idiot.

wow, I used pretty three times in one sentence. that's awful

pretty sad alright

Actually, tribdog, the line between felon and non-felon is not very black-and-white. That's why we have courts, juries, and judges.

- Warren

Well at least you are not going to jail.

but looks like those weeks of anus conditioning were for naught.

Knowing that they didn't push the charge, and knowing that you accepted probation "under duress", the conviction is not significant to me. I am just glad you are not going to jail. http://www.sathouse.com.pa/forums/images/smilies/thumbsup.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Am I going to be stripped of my title

I vote for stripped, tarred and feathered! :biggrin:

What a nightmare. I'm glad to hear that its over.

Tribdog, glad the ordeal is over with and you can get back to your life. Welcome back...people have been getting worried about you.

tribdog said:
o god :rofl:

Nah, we won't strip you of your title. The volcano gods don't care if you're a felon or not, as long as you're funny! Now that we know you're not going to jail, into the volcano you go! :rofl:

mattmns said:
o god :rofl:
no, the o god is for when I mention something like "I keep hitting my chin on the edge of the bar if I accidently relax while sitting on a stool." or "Where the hell are my boots?"

Unfortunatly this is now on your record, it could come back to haunt you in the future. Good luck.

Well it's about freakin' time you got back here! No excuses about court and felonies, etc... You have a job to do and responsibilities to the fine people of the General Discussion Forum that voted for you! :grumpy:

Enough whining and self pity, BE FUNNY DAMNIT! :devil:

I'm glad that you're back and ok, we've been so worried about you! :cry:

Moonbear said:
Nah, we won't strip you of your title. The volcano gods don't care if you're a felon or not, as long as you're funny! Now that we know you're not going to jail, into the volcano you go! :rofl:

We can't throw Saint instead?

Very glad to hear you're not going to wind up in prison tribdog. Welcome back.

I'm so glad you're OK, trib. We've been so worried about you the past 5 days! :cry: Now, like Evo said, "BE FUNNY, DAMMIT!" :biggrin: We've missed you a LOT!

What probably happened is that someone at the courthouse started reading this site and realized that if they put tribdog in prison, he'd most likely be a model prisoner, but there would be a significant chance that while trying to be helpful he'd accidentally ruin the entire security system in the prison and cause a mass break out—then Arizona would be stuck with someone who not only causes inanimate objects to do unlikely things, but also had the gratitude of a large number of hardened felons, and this prospect was just more than the prosecutor wanted to be responsible for. o:)

tribdog, if you had threatened to cook some ham for them, you might have even been able to get them to forgo the probation! :devil: :biggrin:

Did they give you a chance to plead nolo contendere instead of guilty? If I understand these things right, you would still get the mark on your record, and would still have to serve the probation, but you would not have to go on the record admitting guilt. I'm not sure how much difference this would make in the long run, but if this wasn't brought up as an option, then that might be an argument that the public defender wasn't doing her job if you ever need to contest your record for some reason.

(Do you suppose if tribdog, Evo, and a garden tool were all left alone together, we'd all have to break several laws of physics to get there in time to stop them from destroying everything in a several block radius, or do you suppose their improbability fields would cancel each other?)

I'm glad you escaped the hoosegow. Welcome back! :smile:

tribdog: he fought the law, and the law got confused!

Last edited:
Tribdog, Evo, and a garden tool...

Oh dear god!

Quick, confiscate all the Evos and garden tools in arizona, quick quick!

plover said:
What probably happened is that someone at the courthouse started reading this site and realized that if they put tribdog in prison, he'd most likely be a model prisoner, but there would be a significant chance that while trying to be helpful he'd accidentally ruin the entire security system in the prison and cause a mass break out—then Arizona would be stuck with someone who not only causes inanimate objects to do unlikely things, but also had the gratitude of a large number of hardened felons, and this prospect was just more than the prosecutor wanted to be responsible for. o:)

He'd probably find a way to make concrete and steel bars spontaneously combust!

tribdog, if you had threatened to cook some ham for them, you might have even been able to get them to forgo the probation! :devil: :biggrin:

:rofl: You know, if the prosecutor was so reluctant to refile the paperwork, someone might have suggested she/he could just drop the charges! How many times does someone have to get dragged through the process because the prosecutor is too inept to properly file the paperwork? There ought to be some sort of limit on that!

(Do you suppose if tribdog, Evo, and a garden tool were all left alone together, we'd all have to break several laws of physics to get there in time to stop them from destroying everything in a several block radius, or do you suppose their improbability fields would cancel each other?)

:bugeye: Wow! That's a scary thought! :rofl:

Welcome back Tribdog, mightily glad the case has come to an end.
WELCOME BACK!

Seems like the ordeal was punishment enough, eh? So what, you can't buy a gun now, and you can't cross a state line for a while. Just remember, nicer things have happened to worse people.

Um, I mean: "worse things have happened to nicer people." No, wait...
"Worser people have had nicer things." Hmmmm...

I'll get back to you...

tribdog said:

Nah, we'll find a use for you.

Anyone need a broom-holder?

Yay, glad to hear you're not going to jail!
Sorry to hear you can't vote anymore etc just because you were in the wrong place at the wrong time; that part sucks. :grumpy:

Glad to hear you didn't do time. (I originally wrote "didn't go down", which is what we call it here, but it changes meaning in transatlantic conversations).

Buddy, spend some time tracking down the ***hole whole got you in trouble in the first place. You could rage against the machine, but it might be more satisfying seeing the machine rage against the right person for a change.

I have done engineering jobs at various prisons and I think you chose the right route. You do not want to go there. It is too bad that it will show on your record.

Should something happen in the futue that does land you in jail, whatever you do, DON'T WEAR THE PINK RIBBON! :yuck: :eek: :yuck:

To answer the original question,the one from the title,check this out:
https://www.physicsforums.com/showthread.php?t=59559

If that guy keeps the tone with funny as hell replies,your days with the pink ribbon are numbered... :tongue2: :devil:

Daniel.

1. Will I lose my title if I make a mistake in my research?

No, making a mistake in your research does not automatically result in losing your title. However, if the mistake is significant and affects the validity of your research, it may lead to a review of your title by your peers or institution.

2. Can my title be revoked if someone else publishes similar research before me?

No, your title cannot be revoked solely based on someone else publishing similar research before you. However, it may raise questions about the originality and validity of your research.

3. Is there a specific code of conduct I need to follow to maintain my title?

Yes, most scientific institutions have a code of conduct that outlines the ethical standards and responsibilities expected of scientists. Failure to adhere to these standards may result in a review of your title.

4. Can my title be taken away if I change fields of study?

No, changing fields of study does not automatically result in losing your title. However, if the new field of study is significantly different from your original one, it may lead to a review of your title by your peers or institution.

5. Is it possible to regain my title if it is revoked?

Yes, it is possible to regain your title if it is revoked. This may involve addressing any concerns raised during the review process and making necessary changes to your research or conduct. However, the decision ultimately lies with your institution or governing body.