New Model Beynod the Standard Model Formulation

In summary, the author is working on a new model that is based on the standard model with B-L symmetry. However, they keep getting errors when trying to install CompHep. They suggest using another model instead, which is easier to use with Mathematica.
welatiger
Hi;

I'm working on a new model beynod the standard model one of MSSM with B-L symmetry
I'm trying to install CompHep (Event Generator) on Linux OS (Fedora 17)
but always i get the same error

gcc -o bin/tab_view.exe src/plot/view_tab.o -lnum -lserv -Llib -lX11 -lm -lg2c
/usr/bin/ld: cannot find -lg2c
collect2: ld returned 1 exit status
make: *** [link] Error 1

i have already installed
1)GCC.
2)libX11 package.
3)g77 Compiler.

I don't Know what is the Problem

many thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
+1 to the B-L

gfortran and gcc have packaging problems during the transition from gcc3.x to gcc4. Note I say "gfortran"; one of the problems was the change of flavour of the fortran compiler. It could help if you install or uninstall some packages in Fedora.

i'm sorry i don't understand
do you mean i must install gfortran
can i talk you from E-mails

Use a combination of madgraph 5 and the Feynrules mathematica package instead of CompHEP. You can just drop your lagrangian into Mathematica, and everything else is taken care of for you. Its much easier to use, especially if you aren't familiar with all the headaches that can arise because of the switch from g77 to gfortran. I think the Feynrules page even has an MSSM implementation that should be easy to modify for your purposes.

Ok How can i implement such a model in mathematica

welatiger said:
i'm sorry i don't understand
do you mean i must install gfortran
can i talk you from E-mails

Yes I mean that depending of your version of gcc you can need either g77 or gfortran. I am sorry I do not remember the details.

Ok thank you for your concern

Ok How can i implement such a model in mathematica

Download the feyrules package (google it). Download the MSSM implementation. Modify the lagrangian as necessary. Use the madgraph output format.

To generate events, download madgraph 5, follow the instructions to point it to the output files from feynrules.

One issue with MG/ME is that they use g77, f77 and gfortran, sometimes interchangably, sometimes not, and different gcc releases and different architectures treat those three aliases differently. In particular, 64-bit is usually a lot fussier than 32-bit. I don't think there is a simple solution, although running on a 32-bit machine usually helps.

What is the "New Model Beyond the Standard Model Formulation"?

The Standard Model is a theory that describes the fundamental particles and forces of nature. However, there are still unanswered questions in physics, such as the nature of dark matter and the unification of all forces. The "New Model Beyond the Standard Model Formulation" is a theoretical framework that attempts to address these unanswered questions by proposing new particles and forces beyond the Standard Model.

What makes the "New Model Beyond the Standard Model Formulation" different from the Standard Model?

The Standard Model only includes three of the four fundamental forces (electromagnetism, strong nuclear force, and weak nuclear force) and does not incorporate gravity. The "New Model Beyond the Standard Model Formulation" attempts to unify all four forces and also includes new particles, such as dark matter candidates, that are not accounted for in the Standard Model.

What evidence supports the existence of the "New Model Beyond the Standard Model Formulation"?

Currently, there is no direct evidence for the "New Model Beyond the Standard Model Formulation" as it is still a theoretical framework. However, there are indirect evidences such as the discovery of the Higgs boson, which was predicted by the Standard Model but also opens the possibility for new physics beyond the Standard Model. Additionally, observations of the rotation of galaxies and the expansion of the universe also suggest the existence of dark matter, which is a key component in many "New Model" theories.

What are the potential implications of the "New Model Beyond the Standard Model Formulation"?

If the "New Model Beyond the Standard Model Formulation" is proven to be correct, it would revolutionize our understanding of the universe and its fundamental building blocks. It could also have practical applications, such as the development of new technologies and advancements in areas like energy production and medicine.

What are some challenges in developing and testing the "New Model Beyond the Standard Model Formulation"?

One of the main challenges is the lack of direct evidence for the new particles and forces proposed in these theories. This makes it difficult to test and validate the predictions of the "New Model". Additionally, these theories often involve complex mathematical equations and require advanced technology to test, making it a time-consuming and expensive process.