Can anyone Debunk this for me?

• Thread starter Physicsguru
  • Start date
In summary: Why would you read something like this when you don't know, and don't even care to know, what the BCS Theory is?
Physicsguru
A few days ago I came across this "theory" of an electron, and I want someone to debunk it.

http://rynex29.tripod.com/Newton.htm

I have seen this "orbitsphere" thing before, just thought I would ask if anyone else here has.

Thanks

Guru

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
Physicsguru said:
A few days ago I came across this "theory" of an electron, and I want someone to debunk it.

http://rynex29.tripod.com/Newton.htm

I have seen this "orbitsphere" thing before, just thought I would ask if anyone else here has.

Thanks

Guru

What is there to bebunk? The "model" is not falsifiable, meaning it isn't science. It makes NO testable predictions, nor does it even attempt to make any attempt to agree with existeing experimental evidence (you know what "experimental evidence", don't you?)

My question is, why are you giving stuff like this free advertisement on here? Are you short on finding legitimate physics works to read?

Zz.

ZapperZ said:
What is there to bebunk? The "model" is not falsifiable, meaning it isn't science. It makes NO testable predictions, nor does it even attempt to make any attempt to agree with existeing experimental evidence (you know what "experimental evidence", don't you?)

My question is, why are you giving stuff like this free advertisement on here? Are you short on finding legitimate physics works to read?

Zz.

I guess I was just wondering if anyone else here had run into this 'orbitsphere' thing before. As for legitimate stuff, i usually read IOP articles.

Regards,

Guru

PS: Here's the one I'm reading now, and oddly i think I've read it before.

http://ej.iop.org/links/q66/Zgawub3T9seUKndYNveb0A/ejp5_2_007.pdf

Physicsguru said:
PS: Here's the one I'm reading now, and oddly i think I've read it before.

http://ej.iop.org/links/q66/Zgawub3T9seUKndYNveb0A/ejp5_2_007.pdf

Why would you read something like this when you don't know, and don't even care to know, what the BCS Theory is?

Zz.

1. What does it mean to "debunk" something?

Debunking means to prove something false or incorrect by providing evidence or logical arguments.

2. Can anyone debunk a claim or theory?

Yes, anyone can attempt to debunk a claim or theory by providing evidence or logical arguments against it. However, it is important to have knowledge and expertise in the relevant field to effectively debunk a claim.

3. How do scientists debunk claims or theories?

Scientists use the scientific method to debunk claims or theories. This involves making observations, forming hypotheses, conducting experiments, and analyzing data to come to a conclusion. If the evidence does not support the claim or theory, it can be debunked.

4. Is debunking always successful?

No, debunking is not always successful. Some claims or theories may be difficult to prove or disprove, and some people may continue to believe in them despite evidence to the contrary. Additionally, new evidence or information may emerge that challenges the previous debunking of a claim.

5. Why is debunking important in science?

Debunking is important in science because it helps to separate fact from fiction. By debunking false claims or theories, scientists can ensure that accurate information is being shared and used to inform further research and advancements. It also helps to maintain the integrity of the scientific method and promote critical thinking and evidence-based reasoning.