It just started snowing outside

• Thread starter Townsend
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Outside
In summary: I'm glad it's not too much snow yet. We don't need it. It's too cold and wet.In summary, the weather is strange all over. No snow in Norway yet; just cold, biting winds and lashing rain. :frown:
Townsend
It just started snowing outside. It feels like it was spring just yesterday and now its snowing already!:cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Last edited:
Physics news on Phys.org
Not snowing here... I can't wait for it. I need to get some serious snowboarding time in this winter.

Please keep the snow in SD, we don't need it yet.

No doubt. I'm behind on my leaves cleanup. I am not prepared to be seeing the white stuff yet. I'm not over seeing Christmas stuff at the hardware store yet.

No snow in Norway yet; just cold, biting winds and lashing rain. :frown:

arildno said:
:rofl: I think that's hilarious, there's snow in SD but not in BC or Norway.

There's nothing hilarious about the autumn weather in Norway, Smurf.
You're welcome to it. :grumpy:

I eagerly await the snow. There was hardly any last winter, and I didn't get to build one snow man.

I havn't built a snowman in ages. This winter.. ooohh, it's on this winter.

arildno said:
What are you frowning about? I thought that biting and lashing were two of your favourite activities.:tongue:

Danger said:
What are you frowning about? I thought that biting and lashing were two of your favourite activities.:tongue:
Verbally, perhaps..

lmao...just lmao!
I love snow, until mid January...then it can go away.

i agree with hypatia, the snow is excellent at first, but it just gets so overwhelming half through winter.

i also really hate dirty snow. like, when there's a big snow storm one day, and no snow for weeks, you just have the black dirty stuff everywhere... yuck. i like a fresh podwering every few days, so at least the snow's always pretty and white.

I don't get snow. :frown:

Gale said:
i agree with hypatia, the snow is excellent at first, but it just gets so overwhelming half through winter.

I like snow too but I'm not yet ready for it...it usually doesn't come this early in the year.

It has all melted away anyways...I think it was just mother nature saying, "don't get too comfy cause this winter is going to be a bad one."

We'll we've had hurricanes and torrential rains - maybe the north will have blizzards this year. :rolleyes:

Astronuc said:
We'll we've had hurricanes and torrential rains - maybe the north will have blizzards this year. :rolleyes:

Of course we will have blizzards this year and the year after that and so on...

I don't see your point. :confused:

At my grandma's house they had about 20" of snow about a week ago. Here 1" of snow is a shocker.

Theres no snow in Guam.

I used to live in Michigan though.

I'm jealous! I love snow. All mother nature gave us today here was an earthquake. Snow would have been much nicer!

Townsend said:
I like snow too but I'm not yet ready for it...it usually doesn't come this early in the year.
It's not even Halloween yet. That's insane. I hope it isn't a taste of things to come, i.e. a severe winter. Apparently the weather has been crazy everywhere. We've had two or three days of rain here in San Diego already, which is very strange. It doesn't usually rain till close to Christmas.

zoobyshoe said:
It's not even Halloween yet. That's insane. I hope it isn't a taste of things to come, i.e. a severe winter.
I dunno, for me when a lot of white stuff comes down that's usually around the end of it.

Is it a taste of more to come?

lol sorry, I couldn't help myself.

o:)

We had our first snow storm two weeks ago (Columbus Day and all that night). I had to drive around the "Highway Closed" sign to get to work the next morning. I like snow. The mountain peaks just look kind of naked and brown without it.

I wished it snowed in Florida. Thats why I support Global Warming; in hopes it will usher in a new ice age. Then I can make a snowman.

Dang it Townsend! I told you not to send any of that snow here! :grumpy: When they predicted snow for today, I didn't expect SNOW, I thought that being October and not even below freezing yet that we'd get some flurries, or maybe an inch or two, but nothing that would accumulate or even stick since the ground was still warm. Boy was I wrong! I'm not sure if it's reassuring that we never get snow this early here (how is it that last week I was still wearing short-sleeved shirts, and today it's freezing and snowing?). We've got about 3-4 inches actually stuck on the ground now, and it's still snowing. There are trees or large branches down all over the place too; they all still have their leaves, so it seems they couldn't handle the weight of the snow. It was like an obstacle course driving in today (and my internet at home is out too :frown:, so I couldn't even get online this morning). And, and, and, it means I'm not going to go out for my birthday either. :cry: I actually had plans and a place all picked out to go, but nobody, including me, wants to be out after dark when the temperature drops with this much slushy mess on the roads already.

You are not allowed to send any more snow this way Townsend! :mad:

Moonbear said:
You are not allowed to send any more snow this way Townsend! :mad:

You should ban me before I send you even more snow...:devil:

Smurf said:
:rofl: I think that's hilarious, there's snow in SD but not in BC or Norway.

South Dakota is nowhere near any large bodies of water. I would imagine the weather is more severe.

According to kids at the local elementary school, it has snowed here before, but it doesn't happen often. It finally started raining a few days ago, and hadn't since May.

Moonbear said:
And, and, and, it means I'm not going to go out for my birthday either. :cry:
Is it your birthday? Can we celebrate?

Is Moonbear turning 29 again?

Evo said:
Is it your birthday? Can we celebrate?
Yes, it is, and we better celebrate since I'm stuck home for the night. That snow turned to rain about an hour before sunset, you know, just before the temperature started plummetting, so I'm expecting a crispy coating of ice by morning. :frown: I had to talk to my mother too! :cry: I was expecting to be out tonight so I didn't have to talk to her. She was babbling on and on about some cruise she booked for March. :rolleyes: I can't even finish a sentence while talking to her. She's in FL and I have worse weather than she does...all she got was a few light showers from that hurricane while I'm freezing my butt off with snow. :grumpy:

loseyourname said:
Is Moonbear turning 29 again?
Why, yes, yes, that would be right. *sends a newly minted GOOBF card to LYN* That one is new, so not affected by the automatic expiration of all the previously distributed ones. :approve:

Happy Birthday MB!

Happy birthday!

I would like you to have a very happy birthday anniversary, if I were to complete my sentence because I care more about you than the other people to formulate a real sentence.

Moonbear said:
Yes, it is, and we better celebrate since I'm stuck home for the night. That snow turned to rain about an hour before sunset, you know, just before the temperature started plummetting, so I'm expecting a crispy coating of ice by morning. :frown:
Dang! That sucks Moonbear. I remember that nasty WV weather though. :frown:
Next year, come out here. We'll go party in Hollywood!:approve:

1. What causes snow to start falling?

Snow is formed when water vapor in the atmosphere freezes into ice crystals. These ice crystals then fall to the ground as snowflakes.

2. How long will it continue to snow?

The duration of a snowfall can vary, but it typically lasts for a few hours to a few days. Factors such as temperature and wind can affect the length of a snowfall.

3. How much snow can we expect?

The amount of snowfall depends on various factors, such as the temperature and moisture content in the air. Generally, heavier snowfalls occur when the temperature is close to freezing.

4. Is it safe to drive in the snow?

Driving in the snow can be dangerous, as it can create slick and icy road conditions. It is important to exercise caution and slow down when driving in snowy conditions.

5. Will the snow affect our daily routines?

Snow can impact daily routines, especially if it is heavy and causes road closures or transportation delays. It is important to stay informed and plan accordingly when snow is in the forecast.