What you bring to Atlantic City, stays in Atlantic City

• Thread starter Jimmy Snyder
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about a trip to Atlantic City in which the family first drove in a $19,000 Honda Civic and then took a $150,000 bus back home. The conversation also touches on a restaurant named "Evo" and the possibility of winning a $15,000 Honda Civic. There is also a mention of a potential lawsuit for using a person's name without permission.
Jimmy Snyder
Physics news on Phys.org
I don't get it. Did you win something, or did you buy a Bus?

Me neither. And what's that restaurant named "Evo" have to do with honda civics and buses?

I think he lost the Civic, and had to ride the bus home.

I think I got it. This is all just a riddle. And the prize is a $15,000 honda civic.

Hey, they can't name a restaurant using my name without paying me. I feel a lawsuit coming on.

Evo said:
Hey, they can't name a restaurant using my name without paying me. I feel a lawsuit coming on.

Fine with me, but could you just pleeease let the lawsuit wait until I win my $15,000 honda? (blink blink)

SticksandStones said:
I think he lost the Civic, and had to ride the bus home.

Oops, I just reread the title of this thread, and I think your right.

Also, why on Earth did you pay 19k for a honda civic?

Last edited:

1. What is the meaning behind the phrase "What you bring to Atlantic City, stays in Atlantic City"?

The phrase "What you bring to Atlantic City, stays in Atlantic City" is often used as a reminder to visitors that the city is a place to let loose and have fun, without worrying about the consequences or judgments from others. It implies that whatever happens in Atlantic City should stay within the city and not be shared or taken back home.

2. Does this phrase apply to all situations in Atlantic City?

The phrase is typically used in the context of having a good time and letting go of inhibitions. However, it is important to note that this does not give anyone the right to engage in illegal or harmful activities. Visitors should always adhere to the laws and regulations of the city and respect the well-being of others.

3. Is this phrase unique to Atlantic City?

The phrase "What you bring to Atlantic City, stays in Atlantic City" is often associated with the city, but it is not exclusive to it. Similar phrases have been used in other popular tourist destinations, such as Las Vegas and New Orleans, with the same connotation of leaving one's worries and inhibitions behind while visiting.

4. Is there a deeper meaning to this phrase?

While the phrase is commonly used in a light-hearted and carefree manner, it may also serve as a reminder to visitors to not bring their personal problems or stress to the city. It can be seen as an invitation to escape from the daily routine and enjoy the excitement and entertainment that Atlantic City has to offer.

5. How does this phrase relate to the culture of Atlantic City?

The phrase "What you bring to Atlantic City, stays in Atlantic City" aligns with the city's reputation as a playground for adults. It reflects the city's laid-back and carefree atmosphere, where visitors can let go and have a good time without fear of judgment. It also reinforces the idea of Atlantic City as a place to escape from the outside world and indulge in the moment.