I know this is silly, but I have to ask

• Thread starter JasonRox
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the issue of fonts appearing too big on certain websites. Suggestions are given, including using the Ctrl key and mouse wheel to adjust the font size, using Ctrl + and Ctrl - on Firefox, and the humorous contributions of chroot on the forum. The issue is resolved and the conversation ends on a positive note.
JasonRox
Homework Helper
Gold Member
Does anyone know why when I go to certain websites the fonts are just gigantic?

One those sites in the blog site for PF. I can't read anything. The fonts get so big that it goes over the other lines, and those lines go over other lines, and so on...

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Physics news on Phys.org
View>Text Size

I have no idea what you're talking about.

- Warren

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When did chroot get funny? :tongue2:

chroot said:
I have no idea what you're talking about.

- Warren

Good one. :biggrin:

In fact, it looks much worse than that.

JasonRox said:
Does anyone know why when I go to certain websites the fonts are just gigantic?

One those sites in the blog site for PF. I can't read anything. The fonts get so big that it goes over the other lines, and those lines go over other lines, and so on...

Does anyone know how to fix this?
If you have a wheel on the mouse, hold down the Ctrl key and roll the mouse wheel. IIRC, forward shrinks, and backward enlarges. Depends on the html coding I guess.

If this font is too small to read your problem should be fixed

Astronuc said:
If you have a wheel on the mouse, hold down the Ctrl key and roll the mouse wheel. IIRC, forward shrinks, and backward enlarges. Depends on the html coding I guess.
Wow, this works great. Thanks for mentioning it.

Or, if you are using firefox and don't have a mouse wheel, Ctrl + and Ctrl - can be used to zoom in and out.

Last edited:
honestrosewater said:
:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

When did chroot get funny? :tongue2:
Some of the best one liners I've ever seen on this forum were by chroot. You have no idea how funny he can be.

Can you read this?

Evo said:
Some of the best one liners I've ever seen on this forum were by chroot. You have no idea how funny he can be.
Not just one liners, either. He's a master of extended, dead-pan, tongue-in-cheek composition as well, as witnessed by his contributions to the famous mouse-trap thread.

yomamma said:
Can you read this?

This site is fine, and yes I can read it regardless.

Since I never really visited other sites, I never bothered. But lately I have been browsing the wild wide web and everything is so BIG!

It's all good now. Thanks everyone. :biggrin:

siddharth said:
Or, if you are using firefox and don't have a mouse wheel, Ctrl + and Ctrl - can be used to zoom in and out.
That's another good one I didn't know about. Handy when you're using the pad instead of a mouse on the laptop.

What is the purpose of this question?

This question is asking about the reason behind the person's curiosity or doubt. It could also be a way for them to acknowledge that their question may seem trivial or silly.

Why do I feel the need to ask this question?

This question is exploring the person's motivation for asking the question. It could be because they genuinely want to know the answer or because they are feeling self-conscious about asking.

Will I be judged for asking this question?

This question reflects the person's worry about potential judgment from others. As a scientist, it is important to create a safe and non-judgmental space for questions to be asked and answered.

Is this question relevant to the topic at hand?

This question asks about the relevance of the question to the current discussion or topic. As a scientist, it is important to encourage critical thinking and help guide the person to understand the connection between their question and the topic.

Am I the only one who has this question?

This question expresses the person's concern about being the only one with this particular question. As a scientist, it is important to validate their curiosity and reassure them that there are no silly or unique questions.