Converting Angular Frequency to Frequency for Graphing |H(f)|^2 from 0 to 5kHz

• Thread starter ACLerok
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation discusses the process of converting the equation |H(w)|^2 to |H(f)|^2 in order to graph the function from 0 to 5kHz. The variables w and f represent angular frequency and frequency, respectively, and are related through the equations f0 = (2pi*f0)/fs and f=(2pi*f)/fs where f0, fs, G, and R are known values. R is a constant coefficient and H(f) is a transfer function that needs to be graphed after taking the magnitude squared. The conversation also mentions the use of a frequency discretization and working with the z-transform.
ACLerok
I need to convert the following equation |H(w)|^2 to |H(f)|^2 where w is the angular frequency and f is the frequency.

Also: f0 = (2pi*f0)/fs ; f=(2pi*f)/fs ; f0, fs, G and R are known

http://img410.imageshack.us/img410/556/snapshot20070324161921cy8.gif

I tried putting w and w0 in terms of f and then replacing them into the above equation, but it's not coming out right. I need to graph this function from 0 to 5kHz.

Any ideas?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
What do you mean it's not coming out right? Can you post the complete description to the problem? Is R a resistance? Why are you using f as a function of a sampling frequency?

antoker said:
What do you mean it's not coming out right? Can you post the complete description to the problem? Is R a resistance? Why are you using f as a function of a sampling frequency?

This isn't a specific homework problem. It's part of a lab i have to do. R is a type of coeffcient. It's a constant. H(f) is a transfer function which I need to take the magnitude squared and graph it against f. I'm given H(w) but I need to graph H(f), that's what I am having trouble with; going from H(w) -> H(f)

Hmmm, equations are correct. Post the image of the transfer function that you've written above and the result you're expecting. Since you have a frequency discretization, I'm assuming you've worked your way to this function via z-transform, post it as well. Or Just post the whole labwork-page.

disregard message

Last edited:

1. How do I convert angular frequency to frequency?

To convert angular frequency to frequency, you can use the formula f = ω/2π, where f represents frequency and ω represents angular frequency.

2. What is the difference between angular frequency and frequency?

Angular frequency is a measure of how many radians an object rotates in a given time period, while frequency is a measure of how many cycles an object completes in a given time period. They are related by the formula f = ω/2π.

3. How do I calculate angular frequency?

To calculate angular frequency, you can use the formula ω = 2πf, where ω represents angular frequency and f represents frequency.

4. What units are used for angular frequency and frequency?

Angular frequency is typically measured in radians per second (rad/s), while frequency is typically measured in Hertz (Hz).

5. Can I convert between different units of angular frequency and frequency?

Yes, you can convert between different units of angular frequency and frequency using conversion factors. For example, 1 rad/s is equal to 1/(2π) Hz.