Is Silver Chloride soluble in Sodium Hydroxide ?

In summary, "Silver Chloride" is soluble in "Sodium Hydroxide" and forms a silver complex. The reaction yields sodium chloride and silver hydroxide, which is quickly converted to hydrated silver oxide. Additional information can be found by researching the qualitative analysis of silver chloride.
ritwik06
Is "Silver Chloride" soluble in "Sodium Hydroxide"??

Is "Silver Chloride" soluble in "Sodium Hydroxide"?? :confused:

Physics news on Phys.org
Yes. It forms a silver complex.

chaoseverlasting said:
Yes. It forms a silver complex.

thats exactly what I assumed. Please will you provide me with the reactions or some articles? Please! Thank you very much for the answer.

Look up qualitative analysis of silver chloride...

chaoseverlasting said:
Look up qualitative analysis of silver chloride...

Hey, please. Its very important for me. Please do provide me ith the reactions and articles. Please. I have searched a lot on google but in vain. And please remember its silver chloride and sodium hydroxide. Plese do provide me with them. I shall be very grateful.

:redface::tongue2:

A link will be helpful either...
Somebody help...

Last edited:
Please reply!

from my lil bit poor knowledge of qualitative analysis... i believe that this reaction will yield sodium chloride and silver hydroxide. but silver hydroxide is not so stable... it is quickly converted to hydrated silver oxide. i would say it dissolves...

hope i was right.

1. Is Silver Chloride soluble in Sodium Hydroxide?

Yes, Silver Chloride is soluble in Sodium Hydroxide.

2. What is the chemical equation for the reaction between Silver Chloride and Sodium Hydroxide?

The chemical equation is AgCl + 2NaOH → NaCl + AgOH.

3. What is the solubility of Silver Chloride in Sodium Hydroxide?

The solubility of Silver Chloride in Sodium Hydroxide is 0.0002 g/100 mL at 25°C.

4. Is the solubility of Silver Chloride in Sodium Hydroxide affected by temperature?

Yes, the solubility of Silver Chloride in Sodium Hydroxide increases with an increase in temperature.

5. What is the color of the solution formed when Silver Chloride and Sodium Hydroxide react?

The solution formed is colorless or slightly yellow in color due to the formation of sodium chloride and silver hydroxide.