Display resolution 128x64 pixel

In summary: So you might want to clarify which it is you're trying to answer.In summary, when specifying a display resolution of 128x64 pixels, you need to determine the active area width of the display from the datasheet for the particular type of display you're looking at.
anita1984
Hello Forum,
When we are speaking about a display resolution 128x64 pixel how can i know the active area width of this display , is it depend to the pixel it self or what ? or is it a speacial calculation from pixel to mm?

Engineering news on Phys.org
I don't know if this would be the correct answer for your situation but on a computer monitor in the U.S. that would be dependent on the dpi (dots per inch, the linear number of pixels equivalent to one inch) of the display.

anita1984 said:
Hello Forum,
When we are speaking about a display resolution 128x64 pixel how can i know the active area width of this display , is it depend to the pixel it self or what ? or is it a speacial calculation from pixel to mm?

If you're talking about an LCD (Liquid Crystal Display) or a VFD (Vacuum Fluorescent Display), there's no way of figuring out how big the display area is from the resolution itself (i.e. you don't know how big the pixels--or individual display elements--actually are). However, this information *is* available in the datasheet for the particular 128x64 pixel display you're looking at. If you're spec'ing a display with a 128x64 resolution for use in your design, you'd need to determine how big (physically) you want the LCD to be (along with type of interface, backlight, illumination technology, etc.)

For what it's worth, I've seen graphical 128x64 displays which were 6" long, and ones which were 1" (if I recall correctly).

Each pixel is usually a square sensor of a certain size. Imagine a grid (like graph paper) where each box is a sensor and the center of each sensor is your pixel. To determine the size of your display, you would need to know the height and width of each sensor. Let's say is X mm wide and Y mm tall. Then your sensor dimensions would be 128*X by 64*Y

Its a little different when each sensor is like a hexagon. You would need to use geometry to calculate the width/height.

There are hexagonal LCD pixels? Would you happen to have a link somewhere?

Also, not to be nit-picky, but sensor implies input, and not output (as a display element is).

1. What does a display resolution of 128x64 pixels mean?

A display resolution of 128x64 pixels means that the screen contains a total of 128 horizontal pixels and 64 vertical pixels, resulting in a total of 8,192 individual pixels on the screen.

2. Is a display resolution of 128x64 pixels considered high definition?

No, a display resolution of 128x64 pixels is not considered high definition. High definition resolutions typically have at least 720 pixels vertically, while this resolution only has 64.

3. Can I watch videos or play games on a display with a resolution of 128x64 pixels?

It is possible to watch videos or play games on a display with a resolution of 128x64 pixels, but the quality may not be very good. This resolution is better suited for displaying text or simple graphics.

4. What are some common devices that have a display resolution of 128x64 pixels?

Some common devices that have a display resolution of 128x64 pixels include small electronic devices such as smart watches, fitness trackers, and digital cameras.

5. Can the display resolution of 128x64 pixels be changed or improved?

The display resolution of 128x64 pixels is determined by the hardware of the device and cannot be changed or improved. To have a higher resolution, a different display or device with better hardware would be needed.