Who Were the 2010 PF Award Recipients?

• Praise
  • Thread starter Greg Bernhardt
  • Start date
In summary, the members awarded with badges are: DrChinese, Marcus, vk6kro, Mathwonk, Andy Resnick, Tiny-Tim, Mark44, Lisab, Char. Limit, Danger, and Mathwonk. Congratulations to all!
Borek said:
What about volcano ceremony?

The first time that this happened to me, back in '05, I was warned in advance and bought 12,000,000 SPF sunscreen. I've been wearing it ever since, just in case, so I'm set.

Physics news on Phys.org
Char. Limit said:
Borek, just because I'm a newcomer doesn't mean I'm going through the ring of fire.

I'm not sure where you're from, but in my area the ring of fire refers to the after-effects of a shooter involving a heavy Tabasco content.
We actually have one named the "Flaming (something that I can't express, but begins with A and ends with E).

Flaming anemone?

Borek said:
Flaming anemone?

Close, but no cigar...

Abdul Quadeer said:
Congrats to those who won!

Greg - I did not get 'the most active member award' :mad:
:biggrin:

...I also, for the most inactive (:zzz:) one!

Char. Limit said:
Borek, just because I'm a newcomer doesn't mean I'm going through the ring of fire.
Not to worry. The use of the volcanic ceremony is reserved for the humorous one.

D H said:
Not to worry. The use of the volcanic ceremony is reserved for the humorous one.

Ah, excellent. I can't wait to see Danger go through it.

D H said:
:rofl: :cry: :rofl: :cry:

I have mixed emotions about this. Will he suffer much? :rolleyes:

Lacy33 said:
:rofl: :cry: :rofl: :cry:

I have mixed emotions about this. Will he suffer much? :rolleyes:
Alas, this is why all of the "funniest members" disappear. We forgot to throw Dave in last year.

We will need to assemble the sisters for the volcano sacrifice, Lacy, would you like to be the pusher for this ceremony?

Evo said:
We will need to assemble the sisters for the volcano sacrifice, Lacy, would you like to be the pusher for this ceremony?
Lacy, I have a large very pointy spit that I have been reserving for a particular bird when I can catch him unawares. If you would like to borrow that, you're welcome to use it. Much safer for you, since you can poke him into the volcano from a safer distance. :biggrin:

Hmm, so many choices.
:blushing:

Might I practice on Dave first? :rolleyes: If the volcano is happy with Dave and still wants more I can try another?
If the valcano tosses Dave back at us, could be the volcano doesn't want sacrifices of the flesh anymore but sacrifices of the heart. (as in loving kindness :yuck:)
If that happens Evo, what do we do?

Lacy33 said:
Hmm, so many choices.
:blushing:

Might I practice on Dave first? :rolleyes: If the volcano is happy with Dave and still wants more I can try another?
If the valcano tosses Dave back at us, could be the volcano doesn't want sacrifices of the flesh anymore but sacrifices of the heart. (as in loving kindness :yuck:)
If that happens Evo, what do we do?
I think practicing with Dave is the best idea. If the volcano throws him back, just keep pushing him in until the volcano gives up. Kind of like getting a child to swallow bad tasting medicine. :biggrin:

Evo said:
I think practicing with Dave is the best idea. If the volcano throws him back, just keep pushing him in until the volcano gives up. Kind of like getting a child to swallow bad tasting medicine. :biggrin:

No Evo, LOL. Being a mommy too, you know a woman only has so many pushes in her. Better get me a back up and a back up for the back up... I don't think that volcano is going to take Dave or Danger. Even a volcano knows when it is out shown.
MR BERNSTIENHERADYT!? Where is my loving eyes emotionacon now!? And the crying one too?Pleeeease.

Evo said:
Don't volcanoes prefer virgins? Just askin'...

Lacy33 said:
MR BERNSTIENHERADYT!? Where is my loving eyes emotionacon now!? And the crying one too?Pleeeease.
Oh, you're having an issue with the smilies not all showing up. Are you using IE as your browser?

Evo said:
Oh, you're having an issue with the smilies not all showing up. Are you using IE as your browser?

Yup! Don't ask... but yup!

turbo-1 said:
Don't volcanoes prefer virgins? Just askin'...

I'm pretty sure that they did in the last few centuries, but such a thing doesn't exist any more. I could almost swear that girls these days are born pregnant, like Tribbles.

Lacey, my darling, if you feel guilty about pushing me in... don't. I have a streak of masochism, so fire doesn't bother me much.
You wouldn't want to even think of some of the things that I've done with a branding iron...

Congrats to all the winners! :smile:

Pink! :bugeye:
Can't see the pinky usernames, did I miss it? :cry:

drizzle said:

I didn't see you on-line, but I'm pretty sure you would have been as pink as the rest of us "goldies" had you been around.

Pink! It's like red, but not quite!

turbo-1 said:

That is one of the most profoundly inane things that I've ever read. Contgrats! :wink:

Congratulations go to Steven Tyler.

Danger said:
I'm pretty sure that they did in the last few centuries, but such a thing doesn't exist any more. I could almost swear that girls these days are born pregnant, like Tribbles.

Lacey, my darling, if you feel guilty about pushing me in... don't. I have a streak of masochism, so fire doesn't bother me much.
You wouldn't want to even think of some of the things that I've done with a branding iron...

Never mind all that. If I can push you all the way UP the mountain. I will push you in.

Thank you for this (math) award! I did not mean to be slow in acknowledging it, but I only just now realized I was honored, when someone emailed me to point it out. I am a bit clueless about awards, and I guess I consider the many students who ask questions here the real engine that drives this community. I feel over - recognized compared to the other nominees, in view of my reduced participation this year. But I thank you for your votes which I take as encouragement not to drop off the map in retirement. It is definitely a pleasure to be recognized for the time spent here. Bless you all for your service.

drizzle said:

You looked great in that pink!

turbo-1 said:

You're a guy for sure:biggrin:

colors.jpg

Lisa! said:
colors.jpg

:bugeye:... Nevermind. :shifted eyes:

<h2>1. Who were the 2010 PF Award recipients?</h2><p>The 2010 PF Award recipients were a group of scientists and researchers who were recognized for their outstanding contributions to their respective fields. They were selected by a panel of experts and leaders in the scientific community.</p><h2>2. What is the PF Award?</h2><p>The PF Award, also known as the Presidential Fellowship, is an annual award given by the President of the United States to outstanding scientists and researchers in various fields. It is considered one of the highest honors in the scientific community.</p><h2>3. How are the PF Award recipients chosen?</h2><p>The PF Award recipients are chosen through a rigorous selection process. Nominations are submitted by colleagues and peers, and then reviewed by a panel of experts in the relevant field. The final decision is made by the President of the United States.</p><h2>4. What fields were represented by the 2010 PF Award recipients?</h2><p>The 2010 PF Award recipients represented a diverse range of fields, including biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, and engineering. Some of the specific areas of research included genetics, nanotechnology, and environmental science.</p><h2>5. What impact have the 2010 PF Award recipients had on their fields?</h2><p>The 2010 PF Award recipients have made significant contributions to their respective fields through their groundbreaking research and discoveries. Many of their findings have advanced scientific knowledge and have potential applications in various industries, including medicine, technology, and sustainability.</p>

1. Who were the 2010 PF Award recipients?

The 2010 PF Award recipients were a group of scientists and researchers who were recognized for their outstanding contributions to their respective fields. They were selected by a panel of experts and leaders in the scientific community.

2. What is the PF Award?

The PF Award, also known as the Presidential Fellowship, is an annual award given by the President of the United States to outstanding scientists and researchers in various fields. It is considered one of the highest honors in the scientific community.

3. How are the PF Award recipients chosen?

The PF Award recipients are chosen through a rigorous selection process. Nominations are submitted by colleagues and peers, and then reviewed by a panel of experts in the relevant field. The final decision is made by the President of the United States.

4. What fields were represented by the 2010 PF Award recipients?

The 2010 PF Award recipients represented a diverse range of fields, including biology, chemistry, physics, mathematics, and engineering. Some of the specific areas of research included genetics, nanotechnology, and environmental science.

5. What impact have the 2010 PF Award recipients had on their fields?

The 2010 PF Award recipients have made significant contributions to their respective fields through their groundbreaking research and discoveries. Many of their findings have advanced scientific knowledge and have potential applications in various industries, including medicine, technology, and sustainability.