BEng Electrical/Electronic Eng Control Exam Questions

In summary, the person is seeking help with a general problem in their distance learning course for a BEng in Electrical/Electronic Engineering. They are struggling with the exam-style questions and are looking for recommendations for websites or books with similar questions and solutions. Another person recommends the book "Control Systems Engineering" by N.S. Nise, which covers topics such as bode, nyquist, and nicholls diagrams, root locus plots, and transfer functions. The book is a 3rd year engineering book and may involve intense math.
boabby1
Hi there,

I'm wondering if anyone can help with this general problem. I'm studying for a BEng in Electrical/Electronic Eng degree by distance learning and am on the subject of Control. I understand most of the coursework and can do most of the questions in the notes. However, I've got hold of a few past exam papers and the style of question bears no resemblance to anything in the notes to the extent that I've no idea where to start with most of them. Can anyone recommend any websites or books which have exam type questions with solutions in? As with all of these things, I think once I see how to go about them the rest should fall into place.

Thanks for your help in advance

Physics news on Phys.org
What year/level Control are you doing?
The book I liked a lot was:
"Control Systems Engineering" by N.S. Nise.
He has the fundamentals behind Analogue and Digital Control Theory - This is a 3rd year engineering book and the math can get fairly intense.

Thanks n0 3sc. The module is a level two module covering topics such as bode, nyquist and nicholls diagrams as well as root locus plots, transfer functions etc.

1. What is the format of the BEng Electrical/Electronic Eng Control Exam?

The BEng Electrical/Electronic Eng Control Exam usually consists of a combination of multiple choice, short answer, and problem-solving questions. It may also include practical components or case studies.

2. How long is the BEng Electrical/Electronic Eng Control Exam?

The length of the exam can vary depending on the institution, but it typically ranges from 2-3 hours.

3. What topics are covered in the BEng Electrical/Electronic Eng Control Exam?

The exam will cover a range of topics related to electrical and electronic engineering, such as control systems, circuit analysis, digital electronics, and signal processing.

4. Are calculators allowed in the BEng Electrical/Electronic Eng Control Exam?

Most exams will allow the use of a calculator, but it is important to check with your instructor or the exam guidelines to ensure that the calculator meets any specific requirements.

5. How can I prepare for the BEng Electrical/Electronic Eng Control Exam?

It is important to review lecture notes, textbook materials, and any practice problems provided by your instructor. It can also be helpful to work through past exams or practice questions to familiarize yourself with the format and types of questions that may be asked.