Vote for "Game of the Year" 2020 | Last Year's Results

In summary, the conversation is about a "game of the year" poll where participants can vote for their favorite games from the previous year. The previous year's results and the voting breakdown of users from a specific forum are also mentioned. The conversation then shifts to discussing favorite games from 2008, with options such as Mega Man 9, World of Goo, Metal Gear Solid 4, Smash Brothers Brawl, Dead Space, Gears of War 2, and Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise being mentioned.
Coin
So: I do a "game of the year" poll every year. The poll gives you a list of nearly every game released last year, and asks you to make a list of your favorites (up to your top 20). If you would like to vote in it (and if it's okay for me to link this) you can click here to vote.

For comparison, here are the results from last year and here's the breakout of just how the physicsforums users voted (linking just for fun, only 8 people from physicsforums voted).
---

My silly little poll script aside: What were your favorite games of 2008? In my case I think my favorite would have to be either Mega Man 9 or World of Goo.

Physics news on Phys.org
I haven't played any games that were made in the last year. :-/

According to gamespot... it's Metal Gear Solid 4.

However, I have renounced gaming for my study (not completely...) and have barely played any game for the past ahm...3.0±0.5 years...I'll have to say Smash Brothers Brawl since it's the thing that gets me going after almost falling asleep reading some books.

Dead space.

That game is one of THE scariest and most intense games I have ever played.

Kind of a toss up isn't it?

Gears of War 2

or Viva Piñata: Trouble in Paradise

Which to choose?

1. What is "Game of the Year" and why is it important?

"Game of the Year" is an award given to the best video game released in a specific year. It is important because it recognizes and celebrates the achievements of game developers and their contributions to the gaming industry.

2. How is the "Game of the Year" chosen?

The "Game of the Year" is chosen through a combination of votes from a panel of judges and votes from the public. The judges evaluate the games based on various criteria such as gameplay, graphics, sound, and innovation, while the public votes for their favorite game through online polls or surveys.

3. Who can vote for "Game of the Year"?

Anyone can vote for "Game of the Year", as long as they have access to the voting platform and meet any eligibility requirements set by the awarding body. Some awards may restrict voting to a certain age group or region, while others may require voters to have played a minimum number of nominated games.

4. What were the results of last year's "Game of the Year"?

Last year's "Game of the Year" was won by [insert name of game here]. The game was praised for its immersive gameplay, stunning graphics, and captivating story. It also received numerous other awards and accolades from various gaming critics and publications.

5. Can I still vote for last year's "Game of the Year"?

No, the voting for last year's "Game of the Year" has already ended. However, you can still play and enjoy the winning game and other nominated games from that year to see what made it stand out among the rest.