Comment Left Blog Message: What Did it Say?

• Thread starter lisab
  • Start date
In summary, the person had a message appear on the screen after submitting a comment on a blog, but it disappeared before they could read it. They are unsure of what the message said and if it was important. They also mention a similar experience happening in the past.
lisab
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
Gold Member
I just left a comment on a blog, and after I submitted it there was a message on the screen. But by the time I realized there was a message, it was gone! It was there maybe 2 or 3 seconds. What did it say? Was it anything important :confused:?

Physics news on Phys.org
I think I remember this happening to me a while back. It might have been a message saying that my comment would appear once the blogger has approved it -- but then the comment appeared right away anyhow.

Disclaimer: my memory is not 100% on this.

lisab said:
I just left a comment on a blog, and after I submitted it there was a message on the screen. But by the time I realized there was a message, it was gone! It was there maybe 2 or 3 seconds. What did it say? Was it anything important :confused:?
It said: "Warning: This message will disappear in 3 seconds. Read quickly."

1. What is a "Comment Left Blog Message"?

A "Comment Left Blog Message" is a type of communication left on a blog post by a reader or commenter. It is usually a response to the content of the blog post and can vary in length and tone.

2. How do I leave a comment on a blog post?

To leave a comment on a blog post, look for a section labeled "comments" or "leave a reply" at the end of the post. Click on the section and a form will appear where you can enter your comment. Some blogs may require you to create an account before leaving a comment.

3. Can I edit or delete my comment after it has been posted?

It depends on the blog's settings. Some blogs allow readers to edit or delete their comments, while others do not. If you want to make changes to your comment, you can try contacting the blog owner and asking them to make the edits for you.

4. Is there a limit to how long my comment can be?

Again, this depends on the blog's settings. Some blogs may have a character limit for comments, while others may allow longer comments. It's always a good idea to keep your comment concise and relevant to the blog post.

5. How can I tell if someone has replied to my comment?

Most blogs have a notification system that will alert you when someone replies to your comment. This can be in the form of an email or a notification on the blog itself. If you're unsure, you can always check back on the blog post to see if there have been any new replies.