A revision question that i have been stuck on, hope you can help

In summary, a revision question is used to test understanding and knowledge of a topic, and can be broken down into smaller parts or approached with different study techniques. If stuck, taking a break or seeking help from others can be beneficial. Regular review and practice can also help avoid getting stuck. Asking for help with a revision question is perfectly acceptable.
jamesd2008
Attached is a question from my book, I know that the answer is 112KN but can't work out the method for getting there. Hope you can help, James

Attachments

• img013.jpg
    img013.jpg
    24.6 KB · Views: 422
Engineering news on Phys.org
You need to have some sort of information on the areas.

Which is funny because he has lengths which aside from buckling don't seem to serve any purpose.

You didn't give the areas, but by my calculations, it looks like the ratio of the areas of the two cylinders is 7/16. Is that right?

Let's see what you've tried so far and maybe we can spot your error.

1. What is a revision question?

A revision question is a question that is used to test a person's understanding and knowledge of a particular topic or subject. It is often used as a study tool to help prepare for exams or to reinforce learning.

2. How can I effectively revise a difficult question?

One effective way to revise a difficult question is to break it down into smaller parts and tackle each part separately. You can also try using different study techniques, such as creating flashcards or mind maps, to help you understand the question better.

3. What should I do if I am stuck on a revision question?

If you are stuck on a revision question, try taking a break and coming back to it later with a fresh mind. You can also ask a friend or a teacher for help, or look for additional resources online that may offer different explanations or approaches.

4. How can I avoid getting stuck on a revision question?

To avoid getting stuck on a revision question, it is important to regularly review and practice the material throughout your studies. This will help you better understand the concepts and make it easier to tackle difficult questions.

5. Is it okay to ask for help with a revision question?

Yes, it is absolutely okay to ask for help with a revision question. Seeking help from others, whether it be a teacher, tutor, or classmate, can provide valuable insights and understanding that may help you overcome any difficulties you may have with the question.