For some reason, the syntax is not working and will not print what I

• Thread starter Void123
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Reason
In summary, the conversation discusses a problem with the syntax not working and a link is provided for reference. The individual is trying to find a solution to a second order differential equation but is having trouble with a transformation method involving a new variable theta. The value of the variable w is given but not z, causing confusion on how to differentiate it. The conversation ends with the individual stating they are figuring it out.
Void123
For some reason, the syntax is not working and will not print what I am coding so I will just direct you to this link:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lane%E2%80%93Emden_equation"

I am trying to analytically find a solution to the second order differential equation for the case n = 5. I looked at a transformation method which introduces a new variable. It is theta = (x^w)(z), where z = 2/(n - 1) and x = e^t and they somehow reduced the LE to a new form which I cannot do.

They also do not tell me what z is, so I don't know how to differentiate it.

Anyone have some tips here?

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org

Void123 said:
They also do not tell me what z is, so I don't know how to differentiate it.

They don't?

where z = 2/(n - 1)

Tom Mattson said:
They don't?

Sorry, that was supposed to be w = 2/(n - 1), not z. Anyways, I think I am figuring it out now. Thanks.

1. Why is the syntax not working?

There could be multiple reasons why the syntax is not working. It could be due to a typo or error in the code, missing or incorrect brackets or parentheses, or an issue with the programming language or software being used.

2. How can I fix the syntax?

First, double check your code for any errors or typos. Next, check the syntax rules for the specific programming language or software you are using. You can also try debugging tools or seeking help from online forums or communities.

3. Why is the code not printing anything?

If the syntax is not working, it could be causing the code to not execute properly, resulting in no output. This could be due to a logical error, missing or incorrect commands, or a problem with the input data.

4. Can I troubleshoot the syntax error?

Yes, you can troubleshoot the syntax error by carefully reviewing your code, checking for any errors or inconsistencies, and using debugging tools to identify and fix the issue.

5. What should I do if I cannot fix the syntax error?

If you are unable to fix the syntax error, you can seek help from more experienced programmers, consult online resources or documentation, or consider using a different programming language or software that may better suit your needs.