Help for solving for C and F please

• Thread starter RanCor
  • Start date
In summary, the speaker is seeking help on how to solve for C and F in a formula involving Xc. They provide the formula and mention that they have looked for help on the forum but have not been successful. They also acknowledge that it is not appropriate to post the same question in multiple sub-forums.
RanCor
This is the first time I've used this forum and i really could use someones help on how to solve for C in my formula instead of Xc

My formula is

Xc = 1 / (2PiFC) "Pi is, pi yea know, 3.14", (not 2 other unknowns)

Instead of solving for Xc i need to be able to solve for C and i don't know how to go about doing that...

any sort of help would be appreciated :)

Also... i looked down the page alilbit and i also need a formula on how to solve for F

If someone could show me how that's done so i wouldn't have to ask anyone anymore i would be very happy

Physics news on Phys.org
Multiply both sides of the equation by C:

CX_c = 1/(2πF)

Then divide both sides by X_c:

C = 1/(2πFX_c)

By the way, it is considered bad netiquette to post this in several sub-fora on the same forum. I understand that you could be in a hurry to get this solved, but if you post it in the appropriate sub-forum (homework help), people will get to it and assist you just as quickly.

1. How do I solve for C and F?

To solve for C and F, you will need to have an equation or set of equations that relate C and F to other variables. Then, you can manipulate the equations using algebraic techniques such as substitution or elimination to isolate C and F. Finally, you can solve for the values of C and F using basic arithmetic.

2. Can you explain the difference between C and F?

C and F are both units of temperature, with C representing degrees Celsius and F representing degrees Fahrenheit. The main difference between the two is the scale they use to measure temperature. The freezing point of water is 0 degrees Celsius and 32 degrees Fahrenheit, while the boiling point of water is 100 degrees Celsius and 212 degrees Fahrenheit.

3. What are some common equations for solving for C and F?

Some common equations for solving for C and F include the conversion formulas: C = (F-32) x 5/9 and F = (C x 9/5) + 32. Other equations may involve using the ideal gas law or specific heat capacity formula to relate C and F to other variables such as volume, pressure, or heat energy.

4. Do I need to convert between C and F for every calculation?

It depends on the specific problem you are trying to solve. If the problem involves temperatures given in one unit and you need to find the temperature in the other unit, then you will need to convert. However, if all the temperatures in the problem are given in the same unit, then conversion is not necessary.

5. Can I use a calculator to solve for C and F?

Yes, you can use a calculator to solve for C and F. Many calculators have built-in functions for converting between Celsius and Fahrenheit, and for performing basic mathematical operations. Just be sure to double-check your calculations and units to ensure accuracy.