Anyone Gave SAT II - Physics Recently ?

In summary, the SAT II Physics exam is not difficult and mostly tests basic knowledge and general thinking skills. The grading process is also lenient. However, the regular SAT can be more challenging and it is recommended to practice for it. The practice questions on the College Board website accurately represent the difficulty level of the actual exam. It is important to prepare and the fact that the person is already thinking ahead and seeking advice is a good sign. It is also recommended to use a review book, such as the Princeton Review, to prepare for the exam. There may be some breadth questions that can catch a person off guard.
devilived
Hi

I want to know that is the level of questions in SAT II ( and also SAT I) same as of the level of practice questions on SAT website?

Thanks in advance :)

Physics news on Phys.org
no one?

The SAT II (Physics) exam isn't bad at all. Certainly nothing to worry about. While it has been a while since I took the exam, and while I know nothing of the quality of your physics education, I remember it to be quite painless: the exam only tests basic knowledge and general thinking skills. You'll probably know all the materials; the trick is in being able to correctly apply them. It's infinitely easier than the AP Physics exam, and if you're doing the online practices then I'm confident that you will be fine. The grading process is quite lenient.

...the regular SAT, however, is another story. I never practiced for it, yet I did quite well. But scores are all over the board. I've seen some pretty damn abyssmal results. But it's the people like you, who practice and worry about it, who are interested in physics, that do best.

Good luck!

hi HerrProfessor
really thanks for your reply

well according to their practice questions (here: http://sat.collegeboard.com/practice/sat-subject-test-preparation/physics) the level is quite easy ... but i wasn't sure that what is real sat questions like...

and in SAT I ... i am quite good at maths and reading ... what i am worried about is writing ... anyway i got a lot of time to practice for it ... next exam's in October

That is ample time to prepare yourself... I did nothing to prepare for the SAT II's, but they were very easy. Unless much has changed, they still are. And if you say the practice questions are easy, then I guess they ably represent the actual exam. While I cannot think of any examples of the top of my head, the practice questions will be a thoroughly adequate preparation.

Meanwhile, the fact that you are already thinking so far ahead as October, the fact that you a reaching out for aid and advice, the fact that you worry and that you care, bode very well for your SAT performance. Based on what little I know, I suspect that you will come out of this quite well.

I took it 3 years ago and it was pretty level with the practice questions. I remember using the Princeton Review Physics SAT book and it was worth it. There maybe some breadth questions that may catch you off guard. I believe I had a couple of those. One was about electronic microscope and how it works and another was about transformer.

What is the format of the SAT II Physics test?

The SAT II Physics test is a 60-minute multiple-choice test with 75 questions. The test is divided into two sections, each with 35 questions. The test covers topics such as mechanics, electricity and magnetism, waves and optics, thermodynamics, and modern physics.

What is a good score on the SAT II Physics test?

The score range for the SAT II Physics test is 200-800, with 200 being the lowest possible score and 800 being the highest. A good score on the test is typically considered to be above 700.

How should I prepare for the SAT II Physics test?

To prepare for the SAT II Physics test, it is important to review key concepts and formulas, practice with sample questions, and take timed practice tests. It is also helpful to familiarize yourself with the test format and question types.

What is the best way to approach the SAT II Physics test?

The best way to approach the SAT II Physics test is to carefully read and understand each question, eliminate obviously incorrect answer choices, and use your knowledge of physics principles and formulas to solve the problem. It is also important to manage your time effectively and not spend too much time on any one question.

How often can I take the SAT II Physics test?

You can take the SAT II Physics test as many times as you would like. However, it is important to note that colleges may see all of your test scores, so it is recommended to only take the test when you feel well-prepared.