Cellular Respiration for Grade 12 Biology Class

• Thread starter majinknight
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation was about finding good quality and easy-to-understand videos for teaching the four stages of cellular respiration to a grade 12 biology class. The person asking for recommendations was directed to a website with written explanations of the steps, and the conversation ended with a well-wishing note.
majinknight
Hi i am teaching my grade 12 biology class in a couple weeks cellular respiration, mostly focusing on the four stages. I was wondering if anyone knew a good site that had good quality and not hard to understand short videos clips showing certain steps or stages. I have found a couple but am looking for better quality ones, so if anyone knows of any it would be great. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
This site doesn't look to bad: http://www.emc.maricopa.edu/faculty/farabee/BIOBK/BioBookGlyc.html

Ah, looking at the steps brought a smile. I remember all the sticky notes I had around my desk of the steps. Well, goodluck!

ps, not video clips but a good site nonetheless

Last edited by a moderator:

Hi there! Cellular respiration is such an important topic in biology, and it's great that you're focusing on the four stages for your grade 12 class. As for video resources, I recommend checking out Khan Academy and Crash Course Biology on YouTube. They both have high-quality videos that explain cellular respiration in a clear and easy-to-understand manner. You can also try searching for specific stages or processes on YouTube to find more targeted videos. Good luck with your lesson!

What is cellular respiration?

Cellular respiration is the process by which cells break down glucose and convert it into energy (ATP) that can be used by the cell. This process occurs in the mitochondria of the cell and is essential for the survival of all living organisms.

What are the three stages of cellular respiration?

The three stages of cellular respiration are glycolysis, the Krebs cycle, and oxidative phosphorylation. Glycolysis is the initial breakdown of glucose, the Krebs cycle produces energy intermediates, and oxidative phosphorylation uses these intermediates to produce ATP.

What is the difference between aerobic and anaerobic respiration?

Aerobic respiration requires oxygen and produces a large amount of ATP, while anaerobic respiration does not require oxygen and produces a small amount of ATP. Aerobic respiration is more efficient and occurs in most organisms, while anaerobic respiration occurs in some bacteria and in environments with low oxygen levels.

How does cellular respiration relate to photosynthesis?

Cellular respiration and photosynthesis are closely related processes that are essentially opposites of each other. Photosynthesis uses energy from the sun to convert carbon dioxide and water into glucose and oxygen, while cellular respiration uses glucose and oxygen to produce energy (ATP) and carbon dioxide. These two processes are essential for the cycling of energy and matter in the biosphere.

What are some factors that can affect the rate of cellular respiration?

The rate of cellular respiration can be affected by temperature, oxygen availability, and the presence of enzymes and other necessary molecules. In addition, different types of cells and organisms may have different rates of respiration depending on their energy needs and adaptations to their environment.