Best learning material for intro to Linear Algebra?

In summary, there are various resources available online for learning linear algebra, such as lecture videos, open courses, and textbooks. Some recommended resources include the UC Davis linear algebra pdf, Khan Academy videos, Schaums Outline for Linear Algebra, and the MIT OCW course on linear algebra. These resources provide a comprehensive understanding of topics such as matrix theory, systems of equations, vector spaces, and determinants. Overall, these resources are beneficial for self-study and can be useful for students studying engineering or other related fields.
WK95
I'd post in the learning materials section but I am unable to do so there for some reason.

Which of these is the best to learn from?

https://www.google.com/search?q=int...3&espv=210&q=intro+linear+algebra+pdf&spell=1

I searched google for "intro linear algebra pdf" and came up with a number of results. However, I can't tell which one is the best to learn from so help would be appreciated.

I don't have a textbook to study from.

This one from UC Davis seems quite nice since it even has video links.
https://www.math.ucdavis.edu/~linear/linear.pdf

Likes 1 person
Physics news on Phys.org
Specifically, I am most interested in books involving applied Linear Algebra since I am an engineering student.

jedishrfu, I have looked into the Khan Academy videos you showed me and they seem quite good. However, I would also like a physical text as well.

This open course discusses topics on matrix theory and linear algebra, including systems of equations, vector spaces, determinants, eigenvalues, similarity, and positive definite matrices. I think this is very helpful for those who want to learn linear algebra independently since it provides a complete set of lecture videos, summary notes, problem solving videos, and a full set of exams and solutions.
http://ocw.mit.edu/courses/mathematics/18-06sc-linear-algebra-fall-2011/

Yes, All sources which are shared here useful to know about Linear Algebra very easily. I think this helpful not only for me, also for my students as well. good job done by all.

I'm doing a self study/tutorial of linear algebra this coming fall at my community college. I'm using the MIT OCW course that's linked a couple posts back, along with Gilbert Strang's 'Introduction to Linear Algebra' text. I've started on it already, and it seems to be a really good text so far. The lectures and assorted material contained in the OCW course are great so far as well.

1. What is Linear Algebra?

Linear Algebra is a branch of mathematics that deals with linear equations, vectors, matrices, and their operations. It is used to solve systems of linear equations and to represent and manipulate geometric objects such as lines, planes, and subspaces.

2. Why is Linear Algebra important?

Linear Algebra is a fundamental subject in mathematics that has a wide range of applications in various fields such as physics, engineering, computer science, economics, and statistics. It is also the foundation for more advanced topics such as machine learning and data science.

3. What is the best way to learn Linear Algebra?

The best way to learn Linear Algebra is through a combination of theoretical understanding and practical application. It is important to have a strong grasp of the concepts and definitions, as well as the ability to solve problems using various techniques. It is also helpful to practice with real-world examples and to use interactive tools such as online courses, textbooks, and video tutorials.

4. What are some recommended learning materials for intro to Linear Algebra?

Some recommended learning materials for intro to Linear Algebra include textbooks such as "Linear Algebra and Its Applications" by Gilbert Strang and "Introduction to Linear Algebra" by Serge Lang. Online courses such as Khan Academy and MIT OpenCourseWare also offer comprehensive lessons and practice problems. Additionally, there are many video tutorials on platforms such as YouTube that can supplement your learning.

5. How much time does it take to learn Linear Algebra?

The time it takes to learn Linear Algebra varies depending on the individual's background and learning style. With consistent effort and practice, one can typically gain a solid understanding of the subject within a few months. However, it is important to continue practicing and reviewing the concepts to maintain proficiency.