Shirley Temple: A Child Prodigy Remembered

• News
  • Thread starter cabraham
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Rip
In summary, Shirley Temple was an exceptional child actress who even continued to impress as an adult in her political and diplomatic roles. She was a prodigy and one of the greatest child talents in the entertainment industry. Despite not receiving the same level of fame and recognition in her adult years, she remained a beloved and talented figure. Her early dedication to her craft and impressive memory were just some of the many aspects that made her a true star.
cabraham
I sadly say goodbye to one of my favorite actresses of all time, the great one and only Shirley Temple. A prodigy never equalled. I even liked her few acting performances as an adult, but sadly she just didn't get the following she had as a child. She truly was among the greatest child talents ever.

Claude

Physics news on Phys.org
Certainly an exceptional actress as a child.

"As an adult, she entered politics and became a diplomat, serving as United States Ambassador to Ghana and later to Czechoslovakia, and as Chief of Protocol of the United States." - Wikipedia bio-brief

May she sail away happily on the Good Ship Lollipop

I have to say I hated her as a child actress, but RIP.

Astronuc said:
Certainly an exceptional actress as a child.

In her early days, before she learned to read, she would memorize the entire script of the movie (at least, all the scenes in which she appeared). She never forgot her own lines, and when her co-actors forgot theirs, she would smile that famous smile of hers and prompt them nicely.

1. What was Shirley Temple famous for?

Shirley Temple was a famous child actress and singer in the 1930s who starred in numerous popular films.

2. How did Shirley Temple die?

Shirley Temple passed away on February 10, 2014 at the age of 85 due to natural causes.

3. How old was Shirley Temple when she became a star?

Shirley Temple was only 3 years old when she appeared in her first film, "Baby Burlesks."

4. Did Shirley Temple have a successful career after her child acting days?

Yes, Shirley Temple went on to have a successful career as an ambassador and diplomat, serving as the US Ambassador to Ghana and Czechoslovakia.

5. Was Shirley Temple the first child star?

No, Shirley Temple was not the first child star, but she was one of the most iconic and successful child actors in Hollywood history.