What exactly are electrogravitics?

• Thread starter IndustriaL
  • Start date
In summary, electrogravitics is a term used to describe devices that use electrostatics to repel a charged object. Although the theory has been proposed and extensively tested, there is still no evidence that it works.
IndustriaL
what exactly are electrogravitics?

Physics news on Phys.org
A new word.

Oo, oo, my go!

What exactly is quantasmutation?

masudr said:
A new word.

hardly!

______

Did a quick websearch. It seems 'electrogravitics' is a general term applied to 'anti-gravity' devices (they probably proove GM wrong or something). Anywho, it's clear to see they just employ electrostatics to essentially repel a charged object from a high tension supply of some description.

IndustriaL said:
what exactly are electrogravitics?

don't pay any attention to such words...it is rubbish that has never been proven...i am sure this is another Podkletnov-invention

marlon

IndustriaL, do you want to defy gravity? Just stand up. It's amazing how your head doesn't fall under the influence of gravity.

I thought that podkletnov got at most a 2.1% reduction in 'gravity', No?

He had used a dual layer Yttrium barium copper oxide for the disk...From what I understood the two different layers (crystal structures) formed because of how quickly the one side of the disk was cooled. When NASA replicated his experiment they just generally assumed that since there is a very large conductive difference between the two layers, that they could use an entirely different element for one of the layers...for costs sake.

I am not as knowledgeable as some people on this forum I am sure, that aside I found NASA's review of his work to be piss-poor, and their saying that they found nothing is nearly worthless. I would have liked to see someone who took it seriously review it, not to discredit the hard working folks over @ NASA, but after reading through their review I came to the conclusion that should have tried to get ahold of the original disk in the first place...I am assuming that it is/was the property of Moscow U? Failing that if they could not fabricate it at least out of the same elements, then they should NOT have done the experiment at all! IMO they discredited his work with a setup that was destined to fail from the beginning.

As per an alternate thread.

FlexGunship said:
"Electrogravitic" already has a definition: Electrogravitics is a failed hypothesis proposed by Thomas Townsend Brown and Brown's subsequent extensive experimentation and demonstrations of the effect.

Six year old thread, does not meet our current standards. Necroposts deleted, left flex's explanation in response to necroposts.

Last edited:

1. What is electrogravitics?

Electrogravitics is a theoretical field of study that explores the potential relationship between electricity and gravity. It proposes that by manipulating electric fields, it may be possible to create a gravitational effect, allowing for anti-gravity and other advanced propulsion technologies.

2. How does electrogravitics work?

The exact mechanisms behind electrogravitics are still a subject of much debate and research. However, some theories suggest that by creating an intense electric field, it may be possible to distort the local gravitational field, resulting in a propulsion force.

3. Is electrogravitics a proven technology?

No, electrogravitics is still a largely theoretical concept and has not been proven to work in practice. Despite some experiments and claims of success, there is not enough evidence to support the feasibility of electrogravitics as a viable technology.

4. What are the potential applications of electrogravitics?

If electrogravitics were to be successfully developed, it could potentially revolutionize space travel and transportation by providing a means for anti-gravity propulsion. It could also have implications for energy generation and other fields that rely on gravity as a fundamental force.

5. Are there any challenges in developing electrogravitics?

Yes, there are several challenges in developing electrogravitics. One major challenge is the lack of a comprehensive theory that explains the relationship between electricity and gravity. Additionally, the technology required to create and manipulate intense electric fields for electrogravitics is not yet fully developed.