Is there a drug you can take to eliminate the sex drive?

• Medical
  • Thread starter rwalters23
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Drive
In summary: It is a drastic measure that can have serious side effects and does not address the root of the problem. Seek professional help and work through your issues in a healthy and lasting way. In summary, the individual is a 23-year-old male virgin who is struggling with intense sexual urges and thoughts, similar to those of a sexual offender, and is considering chemical castration as a solution. However, seeking professional help and addressing the underlying issues is a more effective and healthier approach.
rwalters23
I am a 23 year old male virgin who is unattractive and unable to secure a relationship with a woman he finds attractive. I have tried being with women who are equally attractive as me and doesn't work I just am not attracted to them. My issue lies in the sex-drive I am ok with being a virgin but that natural instinct and the natural urge and impulse to reproduce and have sex is driving me crazy literally. I see a very attractive woman and I can't get her out of my head I get suicidal thoughts because I cannot have her and get intense emotional pain and get tormented emotionally. I literally have the mind of a sexual offender or rapist I would never act on these thoughts its just this natural instinct is killing me. Its so bad I don't want to go out in public anymore or go to school. I read a news article about chemical castration for the sexual offenders and the rapists and a story chronicled a sexual offender who had the same issues I had, he had the intrusive thoughts and that overwhelming urge to have sex except he lost control and I haven't and wouldn't but these feelings are killing me. sorry for the long story but who would I see about this? I am need a serious answer I am tired of all the bs answers trying to make me feel better such as "oh you're 23 you are young and have lots of time".I don't care to have sex or have a gf I just want these feelings and urges to go away. Any advice? Should I try the chemical castration? The male sexual offender who took the drug and was chemically castrated was a whole new man and could actually function normally.

Biology news on Phys.org
rwalters23 said:
I am a 23 year old male virgin who is unattractive and unable to secure a relationship with a woman he finds attractive. I have tried being with women who are equally attractive as me and doesn't work I just am not attracted to them. My issue lies in the sex-drive I am ok with being a virgin but that natural instinct and the natural urge and impulse to reproduce and have sex is driving me crazy literally. I see a very attractive woman and I can't get her out of my head I get suicidal thoughts because I cannot have her and get intense emotional pain and get tormented emotionally. I literally have the mind of a sexual offender or rapist I would never act on these thoughts its just this natural instinct is killing me. Its so bad I don't want to go out in public anymore or go to school. I read a news article about chemical castration for the sexual offenders and the rapists and a story chronicled a sexual offender who had the same issues I had, he had the intrusive thoughts and that overwhelming urge to have sex except he lost control and I haven't and wouldn't but these feelings are killing me. sorry for the long story but who would I see about this? I am need a serious answer I am tired of all the bs answers trying to make me feel better such as "oh you're 23 you are young and have lots of time".I don't care to have sex or have a gf I just want these feelings and urges to go away. Any advice? Should I try the chemical castration? The male sexual offender who took the drug and was chemically castrated was a whole new man and could actually function normally.

You share some symptoms of OCD here. Basically, some people with OCD get thoughts in which they harm other people. For example, I might have a thought in which I take a knife and kill my family. This is the obsession. I get so disgusted with myself that I hide all the knifes. This is the compulsion.

See following test: http://www.gotoquiz.com/purely_obsessional_ocd_self_test

In any case, I am not a professional doctor. But I urge you to go see one.

EDIT: also see http://www.steveseay.com/pure-o-ocd-obsessions-mental-rituals/

Last edited:
You're are asking for a patch. One artificial way of controlling an unnatural circumstance. It won't be long-term, and it isn't the straightest path to a healthy person.

Before going the pharmaceutical route (which of course, you won't do except through a doctor anyway, right?) see your doctor about the negativity and hangups. They'll be able to offer counselling. They may also be able to refer you to a sex therapist.

You should be able to build a relationship with someone compatible, without this feeling of not being attracted. That is the healthiest, long-term, well-adjusted solution.

I'm sure you've heard this advice before, but don't dismiss it. There is no magic bullet. There is treatment and growth. The sooner you start, the sooner you'll be happy and functioning.

Last edited:
If you are really worried consult a doctor, perhaps a counsellor too.

Chemical castration is definitely not the way to go though.

I cannot recommend any specific drug or treatment for eliminating the sex drive. The human sex drive is a complex and natural aspect of our biology and psychology, and tampering with it can have serious consequences. Chemical castration, while effective in reducing sexual urges, can also have significant side effects and may not address the root cause of your distress.

It is important to seek help from a mental health professional who can provide a comprehensive evaluation and develop a personalized treatment plan for you. This may include therapy, medication, or a combination of both. It is also important to address any underlying psychological or emotional issues that may be contributing to your distress.

Additionally, it is important to remember that there is no one "normal" or "right" level of sexual desire. It is okay to have a high sex drive, and it is okay to have a low sex drive. It is important to find ways to manage and cope with your feelings and urges in a healthy and safe manner.

I understand that this is a difficult and distressing issue for you, and I encourage you to seek professional help and support. You are not alone in this struggle, and there are resources available to help you.

1. Is there a safe and effective drug that can eliminate the sex drive?

Currently, there is no drug that can completely eliminate the sex drive. However, there are medications that can reduce sexual desire or arousal, but they may come with side effects and should only be used under the guidance of a healthcare professional.

2. Can a drug be used as a substitute for therapy to reduce sexual urges?

No, a drug should not be used as a substitute for therapy to address issues related to sexual desires or behaviors. Therapy is often recommended as the first line of treatment for managing sexual urges and addressing underlying psychological factors.

3. Are there any natural or herbal remedies that can eliminate the sex drive?

There is limited scientific evidence supporting the effectiveness of natural or herbal remedies for reducing sexual desire. It is important to consult with a healthcare professional before trying any alternative treatments.

4. Can a drug eliminate the sex drive permanently?

No, there is no drug that can permanently eliminate the sex drive. The effects of medication on sexual desire are temporary and may vary from person to person. Once the medication is stopped, the sex drive will likely return.

5. Are there any potential risks or side effects associated with taking a drug to eliminate the sex drive?

Yes, there can be potential risks and side effects associated with taking medication to reduce sexual desire. These may include changes in mood, decreased libido, and other physical and psychological effects. It is important to discuss these potential risks with a healthcare professional before starting any medication.