Stephen Hawking starring in The big bang thoery.

In summary, I'm looking forward to seeing Professor Stephen Hawking on the show. He's already been on a variety of popular programs and I think it's fitting that he stars in one of Sheldon's books. I don't think it's funny to make fun of his eyes, but I haven't lost any respect for him.
MartinJH
I can't wait for this. I suspect it to be only a short appearance, you know how it is.
I wonder if he argues with Sheldon
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-17337778
I know some of you may hate TBBT as it stereotypes, I guess. But take it as it is.

Space news on Phys.org

MartinJH said:
hate TBBT as it stereotypes
nope, I hate it because it isn't funny imo

I hope this is some prank and he's not really doing it.. I hope I don't have to lose my respect for the guy :frown:

genericusrnme said:
I hope this is some prank and he's not really doing it.. I hope I don't have to lose my respect for the guy :frown:
Why? He's already been on a variety of popular programs including the Simpsons, I don't regard TS as funny but I haven't lost any respect for him.

I'm looking forward to seeing him in the show :smile:

Ryan_m_b said:
He's already been on a variety of popular programs including the Simpsons,

and Star Trek: The Next Generation, where he played poker with Data, Newton and Einstein (on the holodeck of course).

genericusrnme said:
nope, I hate it because it isn't funny imo

I understand what you mean, I'm not started a new debate on this but For me it started getting boring when Sheldon met Amy, since then episodes have mainly been about bloomin' relationships, exactly what I didn't want to happen. Oh well, I'm looking forward to Hawking appearance.

I know he has neurological problems, but it is not nice to make fun of his eyes...

jtbell said:
and Star Trek: The Next Generation, where he played poker with Data, Newton and Einstein (on the holodeck of course).

There was interest in having Newton and Einstein appear on TBBT as well but they weren't available.

It's only fitting since TBBT starred in Hawking's book.

genericusrnme said:

You would lose your respect for someone because he'd star in a popular tv show? How does this make him less worthy of respect?

Anyway, I'm interested in seeing how this one turns out. Personally, I like watching TBBT. :smile:

Woooo! Team Hawking T-Shirts for all!

Drakkith said:
Woooo! Team Hawking T-Shirts for all!

I want two!

I think it shows that Hawking has a sense of humor.

Probably the largest audience of TBBT is the set of folks it stereotypes.

Don't take it too seriously.

Astronuc said:
I think it shows that Hawking has a sense of humor.

Probably the largest audience of TBBT is the set of folks it stereotypes.

Don't take it too seriously.

Everything on TV is stereotyped or exaggerated!

1. Who is Stephen Hawking?

Stephen Hawking was a renowned British physicist, cosmologist, and author. He is best known for his work on black holes, general relativity, and the theory of everything.

2. What is The Big Bang Theory?

The Big Bang Theory is an American television sitcom that aired from 2007 to 2019. It follows the lives of a group of scientists and their interactions with their neighbor, a waitress and aspiring actress.

3. Why did Stephen Hawking guest star on The Big Bang Theory?

Stephen Hawking was a fan of the show and reached out to the producers about appearing on the show. He found the show to be a fun and entertaining way to educate the public about science and wanted to be a part of it.

4. How many times did Stephen Hawking appear on The Big Bang Theory?

Stephen Hawking made seven guest appearances on The Big Bang Theory. His first appearance was in the fifth season and his final appearance was in the eleventh season.

5. Did Stephen Hawking play himself on The Big Bang Theory?

Yes, Stephen Hawking played himself on The Big Bang Theory. He often appeared as a hologram or in a dream sequence, but he always played a version of himself.