NASA/NACA Technical Reports and Memoranda

• NASA
  • Thread starter Astronuc
  • Start date
In summary, the conversation is about finding resources on thermal control for a project related to satellite. The person is looking for books and reports on thermal modeling and analysis, as well as hardware such as heat pipes, louvers, paints, and MLI blankets. They also mention a specific report, 1135, and inquire about an index or search engine for the website.
Astronuc
Staff Emeritus
Science Advisor
2023 Award
Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
need for thermal control books

sir
I am attached to a project of thermal control of satellite. Could you please help me in finding some good reports and books regarding the thermal control.Mainly i need books on thermal modeling ans analysis,hardwares like heat pipes, Louvers,Paints and coatings,MLI blankets etc. I will be very thankful.

My email address is ismail_siksavi@ yahoo.com.

They have report 1135 in there. I have that report too! Nice link astronuc.

Is there an index with a brief description or at least a title listing somewhere?

kach22i said:
Is there an index with a brief description or at least a title listing somewhere?
Not that I have ever found. I ususally just do searches and eventually narrow things down.

FredGarvin said:
Not that I have ever found. I ususally just do searches and eventually narrow things down.
Is there a website search engine, or are you using something like Google?

There are two search options on the site link posted by Astronuc. There is a simple and advanced search capability.

1. What is the purpose of NASA/NACA Technical Reports and Memoranda?

NASA/NACA Technical Reports and Memoranda serve as a form of documentation for the research and development activities conducted by NASA and its predecessor, NACA. These reports contain detailed information about experiments, findings, and analyses related to a wide range of topics in aerospace engineering, technology, and science.

2. How can I access NASA/NACA Technical Reports and Memoranda?

NASA/NACA Technical Reports and Memoranda are available for free online through the NASA Technical Reports Server (NTRS) website. Users can search for specific reports or browse through different categories and collections. Some reports may also be available in print at select libraries and institutions.

3. Are NASA/NACA Technical Reports and Memoranda peer-reviewed?

While some NASA/NACA Technical Reports and Memoranda may have undergone peer-review, not all of them have gone through this process. Instead, these reports are primarily intended to serve as a record of research and development activities, and are not necessarily subject to the same level of review as scientific publications.

4. Can I cite NASA/NACA Technical Reports and Memoranda in my research?

Yes, NASA/NACA Technical Reports and Memoranda can be cited in research, as they provide valuable information and data. However, it is important to note that these reports may not have gone through the same level of scrutiny as peer-reviewed publications, so it is important to use them critically and in conjunction with other sources.

5. Are there copyright restrictions for NASA/NACA Technical Reports and Memoranda?

Most NASA/NACA Technical Reports and Memoranda are in the public domain, meaning they are not subject to copyright restrictions. However, some reports may contain copyrighted material, such as images or figures, which may require permission for use. It is important to check the individual report for any copyright information or restrictions.