Kitten Lovers: Cuteness Overload

• Thread starter Evo
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Evo
In summary: I screamed like a little girl and the animal control guy threw the bag over the cat's head and squeezed. The cat went limp in the bag. It was one of the scariest things I've ever done, but I made it out unscathed. So I'm not exactly scared of cats, but I am definitely cautios about getting scratched by them. In summary, Moonbear was telling the story of how her cat Ember is doing, and how she is going through the terrible twos now. She also mentions how Ember is teaching her how to throw around kitty litter, and how the stray cat that had kittens a few
cat-and-mouse.jpg

Cat chasing mouse. I wonder if it's real.

This was one of many pictures someone sent in an email of "really neat pictures".

Physics news on Phys.org
Math Is Hard said:
for Kurdt:
http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/02/funny-pictures-kittens-play-with-beads.jpg [Broken]
[/URL]

Aww I missed this. Thanks MIH :biggrin:. Oooh shiny red beads.

Last edited by a moderator:
We are not alone.

chalwa01.jpg

We are being watched.

Stress is off, exploration time:

chalwa02.jpg

Borek said:
Stress is off, exploration time:

chalwa02.jpg

Do you have a new roommate, Borek? Or are you just kitty-sitting?

Kitty-sitting for two weeks. Junior is on vacations. Her name is Chałwa (Halva).

Chalwa.. that's a cool cat name.

I found an anti-gravity kitten for Evo:

http://icanhascheezburger.files.wordpress.com/2009/05/funny-pictures-laws-do-not-apply-to-kitten.jpg [Broken]

Ahahaha, proof that kittens defy gravity.

So, what are we working on today?

my_desk1.jpg

is he looking for his glasses?:wink:

She is obviously looking for the mouse :smile:

Evo already knew this, but . . . .

Cats Do Control Humans, Study Finds
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090713/sc_livescience/catsdocontrolhumansstudyfinds [Broken]

I've never heard anything like that from Ember. She purrs, but that's usually her way of telling me, "I'm happy just where I am, so keep your hands off me or I'll bite!" Except when I'm scritching her butt while she's stretching, and then she's saying, "Ooh, yessssss, that's the spot, right there, keep scritching!" I almost never hear her truly meow, and that's mostly only when she's hollering, "Let me out! I don't want to go to the vet!" when she's in her carrier in the car. There's a little squeaky noise she makes that is to tell me, "Leave me alone, human! I have things to do." The rest of the time, she's pretty quiet. I must keep her fairly content without her asking. :biggrin:

Astronuc said:
Evo already knew this, but . . . .

Cats Do Control Humans, Study Finds
http://news.yahoo.com/s/livescience/20090713/sc_livescience/catsdocontrolhumansstudyfinds [Broken]

Pretty cool. My cat tries the purr cry first when she wants breakfast, but if I don't get up, she starts walking on on my face. It's really effective.

This guy captures cat behavior really well:

Math Is Hard said:
Pretty cool. My cat tries the purr cry first when she wants breakfast, but if I don't get up, she starts walking on on my face. It's really effective

This is why Ember only gets her crunchy food in the morning (and has enough to last until the next morning) and her wet food treats at dinner time. That way, I don't need to get up to fix her breakfast. The times she has wanted my attention in the morning, she just pounces on me. It's probably because her aim is usually pretty good for hitting my bladder that this hasn't been a particularly rewarding effort for her...once she wakes me up that way, she has to wait until I go pee before she gets whatever she was asking for (usually just that she wants to play and needs someone to toss her twist tie...yes, she has claimed all the twist ties as her toys).

Sweet Miss Phoebe manipulates me all the time...but not by purring like that cat in the article. She uses different meows, some really pathetic sounding.

What's really funny is when she plops over mid-meow, as if pretending to faint due to hunger! After she does this she always looks at me to make sure I saw it...then she runs to her dinner dish, knowing dinner is on the way.

Anyone who has animals know that they find ways to manipulate us...but we love them just the same.

Lazor likes to wake me up by placing a paw, with claws half out, on my cheek, jaw or chin. If his purring or walking on the bed didn't wake me, those gentle claw pricks definitely will.

These days, this happens anytime between 5:45 (ugh) and 7:15 (okay).

Redbelly98 said:
Lazor likes to wake me up by placing a paw, with claws half out, on my cheek, jaw or chin. If his purring or walking on the bed didn't wake me, those gentle claw pricks definitely will.

Or, with Bean, paw, claws half out on my lips. That's to announce breakfast at 4:30 a.m. If that fails to rouse me, she licks my chin and that greebles me out. I try to protect my chin from her with my hands, so she licks my hands. While I wipe my hands off on her head, she licks my chin again. Truly, it's far easier and quicker to get up, feed her, and go back to bed, than argue.

sleep.jpg

She's not longer a kitten (at least to anyone save me) but she's got some great sleeping poses.

Wow, I can't believe you people don't close the bedroom door at night...I wouldn't sleep more than a couple hours at a time if Phoebe had a say. She'd prefer that I woke at 12:00 to play with her...and 1:00, and 2:30...

Trust me, lisa, I tried. Do you know how long a persistent little cat can make a door go "clunk, clunk, clunk" with her paw hooked underneath it? No, no, no. It's much, much easier to get up at 4:30 a.m. and feed her. Truly. I wouldn't lie to you. Nope. Would not.

Yeah, I'd never get a wink of sleep if I closed the door on Ember. I can't even close the bathroom door to keep the draft out while taking a bath without having to listen to her batting at the door.

At least I don't get claws in the morning. That was the first deal I ever made with Ember...I explained to her very carefully that if she used her claws on me or my furniture, I was going to take them away and not give them back. That, along with trimming off the points every couple of weeks seems to do the trick. She never has her claws out, even when she's batting me with her paws (unlike her mother at the farm who always swats me when I stop scratching her).

But, ages ago, I used to housesit for a friend whose cat tried that claw in the face trick in the morning. She underestimated my ability to tolerate pretty much anything for the sake of more sleep...so then discovered a new trick of knocking things off the dresser one at a time, which I could still ignore, but the dog couldn't, so once the cat woke up the dog, I was doomed...the dog was going to show up and lick me to death until I got up and fed and walked him. That cat was just too clever. :grumpy:

All in all, given my preference for sleeping in the mornings, I think it's best I have a cat that can fend for herself in the mornings than a dog that needs to be let out or walked in the morning.

Redbelly98 said:

Chester, our male cat, does the same thing to me, but usually around 0530 +/- 0030. He meows, smootches my face, puts paw with claws just barely extended on my face, bites at my hair (if I'm lying with my face away from him), and strolls up and down my side of the bed.

Misty, our female, likes to put her paw on my knee or shin - with claws extended. I usually gently pry them out of my skin.

Cute kitties video
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5780006/15136421 [Broken]

Spider-cat
http://video.yahoo.com/watch/5737287/15027398 [Broken]

I love Cheetah kitties.

Fastest Mammal on Earth
http://buzz.yahoo.com/buzzlog/92995?fp=1 [Broken]

Eight year old Sarah clocked 100m in at 6.16 seconds and then 6.13 seconds!

Astronuc said:
Eight year old Sarah clocked 100m in at 6.16 seconds

Perhaps time for sex verification, that's what they do when females run suspiciosuly fast.

I'm working on another world record, kitten lifting.

2eyc6jp.jpg

I wonder how many more for that.

Andre said:

2eyc6jp.jpg

I think you're cat juggling. We just can't see that 3rd kitten up in the air.

Bobcat kitty and fawn.
http://www.thedailycute.com/?p=1384

Andre said:

2eyc6jp.jpg

they’re so cute, I like little Gizmo he seems curious about things :tongue: [or is it her]

muppet said:
I’m sure I’ve seen this photo somewhere here?...it’s a PFer’s avatar, isn’t it?

Ah yes, most of the time Gizmo is a very curious kitten, but not during computer class, then he dozes off.

33z92jl.jpg

Andre said:
Ah yes, most of the time Gizmo is a very curious kitten, but not during computer class, then he dozes off.

33z92jl.jpg

So that's where all our £5 notes go.

Kurdt said:
So that's where all our £5 notes go.

I bet it was Gizmo, but would he travel all the way to Newcastle for just £5? nah he’s much smarter than that... you better check your credit card! :biggrin:

my god, they are adorable kittens Andre

ps. would you please stop posting photos of these little cats, I don’t want to be addicted to them

Sweet Miss Phoebe constantly surprises me by learning new things.

Or maybe I should say, she is constantly finding new ways to teach me how to serve her. I must say, I'm a pretty good student :blushing:.

Her new one: she plays piano when she wants to be fed. She was doing it today, but of course as soon as I got the camera out she stopped, simply sat down, and wouldn't even look at me. I guess she was mad that I was taking her picture instead of feeding her...which I did right after I took this pic.

2m64ow5.jpg