Integrated Physics and Calculus vol 1 and 2

In summary, the conversation is about a person trying to find a good calculus-based book to improve their understanding of cal/physics for mechanics and E&M. They were recommended a book by the link provided but are still searching for other recommendations. The person ended up buying both volumes but was disappointed as they were expecting a book that incorporated more calculus. They will continue their search for a more detailed book for their undergraduate studies.
DaConfusion
https://www.amazon.com/dp/0201473968/?tag=pfamazon01-20

I am trying to decide if this book will help me improve my cal/physics for mechanics AND E&M. If you guys have a better calculus based book for an undergrad please let me know. I will keep searching through these forums but so far i haven't found something like the above link.

Thank you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Physics news on Phys.org
I bought both volumes. They are about as good as my crappy Physics for Scientists and Engineers 3ed (FISHBANE, GASIOROWICZ, THORNTON).

The plus side is that it does have a few more equations derrived but nothing major.

I was expecting a book that uses a lot more calculus for physics. I will need something more detailed for my undergrad studies...

I can say that Integrated Physics and Calculus vol 1 and 2 is a highly recommended book for anyone looking to improve their understanding of calculus and its application in physics. It covers both mechanics and electromagnetism, making it a comprehensive resource for undergraduate students. I have personally used this book in my studies and found it to be very helpful in developing a strong foundation in both subjects. However, it is always good to explore different options and find a book that best suits your learning style. I suggest looking for reviews and recommendations from other students or professors to find the best calculus-based book for your specific needs. Keep searching and don't hesitate to ask for recommendations from your peers and professors. Good luck in your studies!

1. What is Integrated Physics and Calculus vol 1 and 2?

Integrated Physics and Calculus vol 1 and 2 is a two-volume textbook that combines the principles of physics and calculus into one cohesive curriculum. It is designed for advanced high school or college level students who want to deepen their understanding of both subjects.

2. How does Integrated Physics and Calculus vol 1 and 2 differ from traditional separate courses?

Integrated Physics and Calculus vol 1 and 2 takes a multidisciplinary approach, allowing students to see the connections between physics and calculus. Traditional courses often teach these subjects separately, without emphasizing how they are interconnected.

3. What topics are covered in Integrated Physics and Calculus vol 1 and 2?

The textbooks cover a wide range of topics, including mechanics, thermodynamics, electricity and magnetism, optics, and calculus concepts such as derivatives, integrals, and differential equations. These topics are integrated together to provide a deeper understanding of both subjects.

4. Who would benefit from using Integrated Physics and Calculus vol 1 and 2?

Integrated Physics and Calculus vol 1 and 2 is ideal for students who have a strong foundation in both physics and calculus and want to see how these subjects are connected. It is also beneficial for students who plan to pursue careers in fields such as engineering, physics, or mathematics.

5. Are there any prerequisites for using Integrated Physics and Calculus vol 1 and 2?

Yes, students should have a strong understanding of algebra, trigonometry, and basic calculus before using these textbooks. It is also recommended to have a basic understanding of physics concepts such as motion, forces, and energy.