Electronic Devices byfloyd Problem

• Thread starter extreme2000
  • Start date
  • Tags
    Electronic
In summary, the user is trying to find the value of the filter capacitor "C" in a full wave rectifier circuit with a given ripple factor and rectified voltage. They have all the necessary parameters except for Vr(Peak to Peak), which they need to determine in order to solve for C. The user can calculate Vr(Peak to Peak) by looking up the ripple factor and using the formula Vr(Peak to Peak) = Vp(Rectified)* Ripple Factor.
extreme2000
Dear users
In question i have to find the filter capacitor "C" value i have ripple factor given circut
is full wave rectifier circut R(L) is given V(out) of the rectifier is 18V I have calculated the V(peak)(rectified voltage) but in the following formula
Vr(Peak to Peak) =(1/f*R(L)C)*Vp(Rectified)
frequency is also known
I have done what
calculated the V(Rectified Volatge)all other things are also known but two things are missing in above equation the Vr(Peak to Peak) if this is know by any means I can then calculate the value of Filter capacitor C any help? I have to submit the assingment tomorrow
Thanks

Physics news on Phys.org
The formula you have is correct and you have all the necessary parameters except for Vr(Peak to Peak). You need to determine this value in order to find the value of C. To do this, you can look up the ripple factor of your full wave rectifier circuit and use that to calculate Vr(Peak to Peak) using the following formula: Vr(Peak to Peak) = Vp(Rectified)* Ripple Factor. Once you have this value, you can plug it into the original equation to solve for C.

Dear user,

Thank you for your question. It seems like you are working on a project or assignment related to electronic devices and specifically a full wave rectifier circuit. In order to calculate the value of the filter capacitor "C", you need to know the peak-to-peak voltage, which is represented by Vr(Peak to Peak) in the formula you mentioned.

To find the peak-to-peak voltage, you can use the following formula:

Vr(Peak to Peak) = V(peak) * 2

Where V(peak) is the peak voltage you have already calculated. Once you have the value for Vr(Peak to Peak), you can plug it into the formula you mentioned and solve for the value of the filter capacitor "C".

I hope this helps. Good luck with your assignment!

What is "Electronic Devices byfloyd Problem"?

"Electronic Devices byfloyd Problem" is a hypothetical problem used in scientific research to study the effects of electronic devices on human health and behavior.

What are the main objectives of studying the "Electronic Devices byfloyd Problem"?

The main objectives of studying the "Electronic Devices byfloyd Problem" are to understand the potential risks and benefits of using electronic devices, to identify ways to mitigate any negative effects, and to inform public policy and regulations regarding electronic device use.

What are some common electronic devices that are included in the "Electronic Devices byfloyd Problem"?

Common electronic devices that are included in the "Electronic Devices byfloyd Problem" are smartphones, tablets, laptops, desktop computers, televisions, and gaming consoles.

What are some potential negative effects of electronic devices on human health and behavior?

Some potential negative effects of electronic devices on human health and behavior include eye strain, sleep disturbances, increased sedentary behavior, and decreased social interaction. There are also concerns about the impact of electromagnetic radiation and blue light emitted from electronic devices.

What can individuals do to mitigate the negative effects of electronic devices?

Individuals can mitigate the negative effects of electronic devices by taking regular breaks from screen time, using blue light filters, practicing good posture while using devices, and limiting overall screen time. It is also important to prioritize face-to-face social interaction and engage in physical activity regularly.