What Rule Did I Break with My Download Request?

• Thread starter linton
  • Start date
In summary, the person apologizes for their deleted request for a download thread and asks for clarification on what they did wrong. They mention receiving a warning about not being able to post URLs with less than 15 posts and ask if that could be the reason. The expert responds that the 15 post restriction is to prevent spam and it is unlikely that their thread was deleted for that reason. They suggest that the thread may have been deleted as a double post and assure the person that the mentor who deleted their thread will contact them to explain the reason.
linton
so i would like to say sorry, and in order to remain within the bounds of PF law, could the person that deleted my request for download thread tell me what exactly i did wrong... just through PM if that is preferred.

Physics news on Phys.org
linton said:
so i would like to say sorry, and in order to remain within the bounds of PF law, could the person that deleted my request for download thread tell me what exactly i did wrong... just through PM if that is preferred.
If you were asking for material which is copyrighted, then this will be the grounds for which your thread was deleted.

I don't think so
I actually stumbled upon the URL from the resources sub forum located right here.

when i posted the thread, i got a warning saying i could not submit url's if i had less than 15 posts... so i replaced the : in http : // with a space... could that be it?

linton said:
I don't think so
I actually stumbled upon the URL from the resources sub forum located right here.

when i posted the thread, i got a warning saying i could not submit url's if i had less than 15 posts... so i replaced the : in http : // with a space... could that be it?
The 15 post restriction was put in place recently to prevent spam posts, it is unlikely that your thread was deleted for that reason. If you 'double posted' the URL, i.e. if you just simply copied the original post verbatim without adding anything new or without asking a question, then it is likely your thread was deleted as a double post. However, I'm sure that the mentor who deleted your thread will contact you shortly and explain why your thread was deleted.

gravy, thanks.

1. What are the consequences of breaking a rule as a scientist?

The consequences of breaking a rule as a scientist can vary depending on the severity of the rule and the impact of the violation. It can result in disciplinary action, loss of credibility, and even legal consequences in some cases.

2. Can breaking a rule in science be justified?

No, breaking a rule in science is never justified. As a scientist, it is important to uphold ethical standards and follow established protocols to ensure the accuracy and validity of research.

3. How can a scientist avoid breaking rules?

A scientist can avoid breaking rules by staying informed about the ethical guidelines and protocols in their field, seeking guidance from mentors or colleagues, and always conducting research with integrity and honesty.

4. What should a scientist do if they realize they have broken a rule?

If a scientist realizes they have broken a rule, they should immediately report it to their supervisor or the appropriate authorities. They should also take responsibility for their actions and work towards rectifying the situation.

5. Can breaking a rule in science have a negative impact on future research opportunities?

Yes, breaking a rule in science can have a negative impact on future research opportunities. It can damage a scientist's reputation and credibility, making it difficult to secure funding or collaborate with other researchers. It can also lead to a loss of trust from the scientific community.