The Credibility of Power vs Force: Worth Reading?

In summary, the conversation is about the book "Power vs. Force" and whether it is a credible work. The person asking the question has only read a few pages and finds it far-fetched, and is wondering if it is worth reading further. Another person adds that the author's attempt to incorporate all aspects of human nature into one framework is not a new concept, and they are skeptical about the book's contents.
SeveredNebula223
I just picked up his book Power vs. Force . Is this a credible work at all? I got through the first few pages, and it sounded far fetched to me so I wanted to know if it is worth reading all the way through. Thanks.

Physics news on Phys.org
I find it very hard to believe that not a single person here knows about this book.

from the little i have read from the web he tries to incoporate everything in us humans to one single framework.
he's not the only one who tried to do this in the past and perhaps other men will follow his footsteps.
i didnt read the book but from what i read that he's trying to accomomplish with this book i would be very skeptical about its contents.

1. What is the main premise of "The Credibility of Power vs Force: Worth Reading?"

The main premise of "The Credibility of Power vs Force: Worth Reading?" is that true power comes from within, while force is an external attempt to control or manipulate others.

2. How does the author support their argument about power and force?

The author, David R. Hawkins, uses a combination of personal anecdotes, scientific research, and philosophical insights to support their argument about power and force. They also provide various examples and case studies to illustrate their points.

3. Is this book based on any specific scientific theories?

Yes, "The Credibility of Power vs Force: Worth Reading?" is heavily influenced by the author's extensive research on consciousness and human behavior, as well as their own theories on the levels of consciousness and the power of intention.

4. Can this book be beneficial for individuals outside of the scientific community?

Yes, this book can be beneficial for anyone looking to gain a deeper understanding of power dynamics and personal growth. The author presents their ideas in a clear and accessible manner, making it suitable for a wide range of readers.

5. Are there any critiques or controversies surrounding this book?

While "The Credibility of Power vs Force: Worth Reading?" has received mostly positive reviews, some critics have questioned the scientific validity of the author's claims and methodology. Additionally, there have been some controversies surrounding the author's past and their qualifications in the field of consciousness research.